2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Has anyone added a tow hook(s)/hitch to their 3 yet? I'm really looking into added but I have no idea which direction to go or which kit to even get. HELP ME PLEASE! Pictures would help a bunch too!

Thxs!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Are you looking for a tow hook/tow strap? Or a towing hitch. A hook/strap is basically just for looks. Or are you looking for a hitch to tow small things behind the car?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have this one (actually I have the hatchback version, but it looks about the same):
Torklift Central | 2014-2016 Mazda 3 Sedan EcoHitch - Mazda - Find Your EcoHitch - RVing and Towing

Unlike all the other ones, it doesn't have a bar hanging underneath your bumper, and the receiver is mounted a bit higher. However, it's at least twice as expensive as the competitors, and requires removing the bumper to install. But that isn't as hard as it sounds.

mark.h: The big reason a lot of people want tow hitches on small cars these days is for bike racks. Hitch-mounted racks are a lot easier to put bikes on, they don't ruin your fuel economy like roof-mounted ones do, and best of all, you don't have to worry about pulling into your garage with bikes on top and ruining both the bikes and the roof of your car. They're also useful for pulling utility trailers. I have a 4x8 trailer from Harbor Freight that I can use for furniture, appliances, etc. With that, I can more easily haul cargo than a pickup truck (and more of it; a lot of trucks can't carry 4x8 sheets of plywood), without having to have a gas-guzzling pickup, and without having to lift things 4 feet off the ground for loading.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts