2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2015 Mazda3 GT 2.5L Will not start properly thereafter the battery went dead.
1.) Charged the car battery
2,) Start Push Button flashes red/orange color and the factory alarm light blinks
3.) Only way to start the car is to hold the key fob close to the start button, put your foot on the brake pedal, then keep holding the start push button
4.) Car will then start and the start push button turns the color green.
5.) If I either let my foot off of the brake pedal, or I release the start push button, the car will then stall.
6.) Help please!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check batt health...might be gone.
Thank you for your reply
Battery is fine now, fully charged, and holding.
How ever the problem remains.
Why is it that it seems to now be reverse way to start???
&
What would make the car keep running if I only keep the brake pushed down on and hold the start button??
As i mentioned the second I either take my foot off of the brake or the start button, the car stalls.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Its the battery in the key fob, or the fob isn't working. Not the battery in the car.

The fact that the car will start when pushing the key fob against the start button shows this.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Its the battery in the key fob, or the fob isn't working. Not the battery in the car.

The fact that the car will start when pushing the key fob against the start button shows this.
Although that doesn't explain why the car stalls when the start button or the brake are released.

Have you tried disconnecting the battery entirely for a minute, then reconnecting it? Alternatively, ask the dealer?

My battery in my 2015 died in December, and they replaced it under warranty. Mine was actually failed, not just run low. I charged it and it would die again by the next day. I had to use a portable booster until I could get to the dealer.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Although that doesn't explain why the car stalls when the start button or the brake are released.

Have you tried disconnecting the battery entirely for a minute, then reconnecting it? Alternatively, ask the dealer?

My battery in my 2015 died in December, and they replaced it under warranty. Mine was actually failed, not just run low. I charged it and it would die again by the next day. I had to use a portable booster until I could get to the dealer.
Parasitic draw, most likely an accessory is draining your battery.

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Sometimes you just need a new battery...I'd buy a new battery and see if the problems go away. Or have it towed to the dealer and make them deal with it. I doubt it's an accessory draw. Sometimes a battery just goes bad in cold weather. It happens... Doesn't matter if it's fully charged or not, it's just a bad battery.

Had this happen with my truck 10 years ago. Everything would turn on, all dash lights, headlights, stereo, the whole nine yards -- appeared fine. When I turned the key, nothing but a ticking sound. Knowing it was highly unlikely the starter, I ran out to the auto parts store (helps to have another car obviously), got a new battery, threw the new one in and it fired right up. Mind you, it ran perfectly the day before, no accessories left on. It was in the dead of winter, so sometimes, batteries just die.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sometimes you just need a new battery...I'd buy a new battery and see if the problems go away. Or have it towed to the dealer and make them deal with it. I doubt it's an accessory draw. Sometimes a battery just goes bad in cold weather. It happens... Doesn't matter if it's fully charged or not, it's just a bad battery.

Had this happen with my truck 10 years ago. Everything would turn on, all dash lights, headlights, stereo, the whole nine yards -- appeared fine. When I turned the key, nothing but a ticking sound. Knowing it was highly unlikely the starter, I ran out to the auto parts store (helps to have another car obviously), got a new battery, threw the new one in and it fired right up. Mind you, it ran perfectly the day before, no accessories left on. It was in the dead of winter, so sometimes, batteries just die.
Maybe the stealership took him for a ride :surprise:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Parasitic draw, most likely an accessory is draining your battery.
I have a dashcam with a parking mode, which I had initially suspected, so I disconnected it. No difference. I didn't feel like digging out my shed to get my multimeter, and figured this is what warranties are for. They tested the battery, it failed, they replaced it. Reduced CCA, iirc. It likely would have been fine in warm weather. Only battery I've ever had fail in a daily driver. It's been fine since replacement.

I've actually only ever had one battery fail before on me, and that was my fault. I left the battery in my other car in over the winter, and it froze. I was on the hook, though, as that car is 28 years out of warranty.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Prior To The Wife & I Giving This Car Away To My Daughter We Found Out That It Was 1.) A Combination Of A Bad Car Battery And (2) A Second Alarm & Car Starter System That Was After Market, And Not Installed Correctly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts