2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,963 Posts
Sounds like a problem with one or more ABS sensors. Chances are one of the clowns who did the alignment damaged one of them. It not hard to pull a wire loose if you start messing around in there without knowing what not to touch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's what you get for Free Alignment at Brakes Plus.
You get what you pay for and more!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
2017 mazda 3 sport sedan 42k miles.
New tires put on and alignment check done. Right after alignment check both DSC and TPMS lights came on. Took back to people who checked the alignment. Reset no lights.
Drove 50 miles, lights came back on. Both warning lights.
Took to discount tire who did the tires. Checked tire pressure and reset. Tires are perfect and alignment is perfect. 500 miles on tires.
Today lights keep coming on and off. I live in Phoenix, no inclement weather.
Anyone else have this problem. I'll keep driving it
Turned out to be brake pedal sensor. No problems after replacing that. $35.00 at Mazda dealership

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wife took off for work this morning just to come back 3 minutes later with the TPMS and DCS/TCS malfunction on.

She parked the car running in the driveway, I got in, pressed the break pedal in and couldn't get it to shift into drive.

I checked the tire pressure, all 4 were at where I topped them off to last time. I tried pressing the reset tpms light, that didn't do anything. I unplugged the battery for an hour, got back in, tried scanning the car with my $20 odb2 wifi reader, that didn't tell me much, but the I at least I cleared the codes for the time being.

Everything I was able to find on the internet regarding "TPMS and DSC/TCS malfunction" on a 2015 Mazda 3 points to the break or stoplight switch.

The only thing, or 4 things that are left are abs/wheel sensors. Anyone have an ODB2 reader they could recommend that will read abs codes? Preferably in the $100 range?
I purchased a ThinkCar reader. $40 on Amazon. I highly recommend

21 - 24 of 24 Posts