2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
timtim
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my car out at Sonoma Raceway for a fun track day and was able to snap this shot before we got started.

Tons of fun with a lead/follow format and 30 laps around the track. Got my car flat out but couldn't keep up with the high horsepower machines, still a blast.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had my car out at Sonoma Raceway for a fun track day and was able to snap this shot before we got started.

Tons of fun with a lead/follow format and 30 laps around the track. Got my car flat out but couldn't keep up with the high horsepower machines, still a blast.

Sweet looking. DId it run with the other cars? I took my Speed to my first Track Night in America. There were 3 sessions about 25 minutes each. I got worn out in the middle of the second session. One more this year for us in Arizona, it will be hot on May 11 and too hot to run that hard as amateurs/novices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Nice ride. I have a pretty similar look, minus having a spoiler and rims.

Is that a Knight Sport rear spoiler?
CK

·
timtim
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the complement on its looks . . . struggling with the lack of HP on the generation 3, but it does look pretty mean LOL . . . keeping my fingers crossed for a turbo soon!

This was a simracewaydrivingschool Stage 1 course and we had 3 cars with a lead car.

I have a lap posted to YouTube, but can't link videos to this site yet . . . I'll get it posted as soon as I can.

·
timtim
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice ride. I have a pretty similar look, minus having a spoiler and rims.

Is that a Knight Sport rear spoiler?
CK
No not a Knight Sport . . . I picked that up off Alibaba from China a couple years ago, but it looks like you can get it on Ebay now.

Search this link - "Carbon Fiber Rear Roof Spoiler Double layer for Mazda 3 Axela Hatchback 14-2017"

·
Registered
148 Posts
No not a Knight Sport . . . I picked that up off Alibaba from China a couple years ago, but it looks like you can get it on Ebay now.

Search this link - "Carbon Fiber Rear Roof Spoiler Double layer for Mazda 3 Axela Hatchback 14-2017"
Car looks great.

I actually apparently ordered the same spoiler about a week ago for $300 shipped. Did yours use the factory holes or did you need to drill additional for mounting it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fiber-Rear-Roof-Spoiler-Wing-Fit-for-Mazda-3-Axela-Hatchback-4D-14-17/172876837941?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

·
timtim
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car looks great.

I actually apparently ordered the same spoiler about a week ago for $300 shipped. Did yours use the factory holes or did you need to drill additional for mounting it?

Great price, LOL I won't mention how much I paid ;)

I don't remember if I had to drill the mounting holes, but I do remember having to drill holes . . . it might have been just for the brake light. I do remember being pretty impressed with the design and easy of installation, even with having to figure out mounting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts