2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was getting to know the new vehicle and turned on the fog lights (true they only come on when the headlight is on and not with brights). Per page 4-25 and 4-50 of the 2015 Owner's Manual, I was expecting a fog light indicator to come on in the Dash. The Owner's manual states (pg 4-50): "The fog light indicator light in the instrument cluster illuminates while the fog light are on."

Looking into this further, I pulled out the 2015 Smart Start Guide (page 37) and noticed that of all the indicator lights shown, no fog light indicator symbol is shown that looks like what the Owner's Manual said. There is just a double little headlight icon the illuminates for "Lights On (Exterior)." I can turn the Fog Lights on, just do not get any dedicated fog light indicator in the instrument cluster.

(I keep saying '2015' above, because don't know if 2014s are different). Can anyone confirm that there is no fog light indicator per se and that the 2015 Owner's Manual is in error? :Racing 1:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Yep, same as Iceman.

·
Registered
412 Posts
They left out a handful of icons in the North American kombi clusters. The front foglight indicator is one of them.......I am not sure why.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They left out a handful of icons in the North American kombi clusters. The front foglight indicator is one of them.......I am not sure why.
Apparently that is the case. Serves me right ... this would never have been an issue if not for reading the Owner's Manual.:blink 1:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Apparently that is the case. Serves me right ... this would never have been an issue if not for reading the Owner's Manual.:blink 1:
It was amusing when renting a Ford Focus and Fiesta.........you can tell they're clearly European-designed vehicles. They had warning icons for the rear foglight, glow plugs, DPF, Automatic Stop-start..........and of course they were all coded out for North America. One can dream, right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
So glad I stumbled on this thread - just spent 1/2 hour trying to figure out why no fog light indicator when the fog lights were turned on...Maybe I should put down the owners manual...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I noticed the same on my 2014 sGT's owner's manual. Despite what the owner's manual states, there is no additional indicator for fog lamps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts