2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I recently bought a 2014 Sedan. The car is great - runs well and saving money on gas is great! When I bought the car I knew that there was a bit of rust on the trunk welds (which other sedan owners seem to have as well). Wasn’t a huge issue, but after I thoroughly cleaned the car I’ve found more underneath the front passengers door, under the hood and behind the rear license plate.

I live in southern Ontario and the roads are going to get saltier soon. Given Mazda's rust record, should I just consider selling the car for something else?

What have you other 3rd gen owners been experiencing in regard to rust?

I can post photos of the rust later today. No large spots, just numerous ones which worries me.

·
Registered
468 Posts
what a stupid reply

rust can be an extremely serious problem

OP - get it examined asap. MUCH better to spend a few $$ now to get it fixed and sealed so it can't happen again, than leave it and let it corrode

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi op,

I had some rust problems with the a 2015 that I bought, that was underneath though. The trunk and everything else is clean. Please post some pics. By looking at the pictures we can determine how big the problem is. Have you had a look what's going on under the car? Is this a GT model? Colour? some colors like white show rust easier than dark colors which can hide it.

Don't get panicked, sometimes it's just rail dust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts