2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To summarize:

Below is sedan pricing with the automatic, manual subtracts $1050 on the i models. Hatch adds $500 to all but the i SV.

i SV (sedan only) - $17,995
i Sport - $19,495
i Touring - $20,595
i Grand Touring - $23,795
s Touring sedan - $24,595
s Grand Touring sedan - $25,995

No mention of the price for the optional paint colors. Both of the Tech packages add another $1600 to whichever model (i Touring or s GT). So a full up s GT hatch ($26,495) plus the tech package ends up being a $28,000 car. Wow.

MAZDA ANNOUNCES PRICING AND FUEL ECONOMY OF ALL-NEW 2014 MAZDA3 - Jul 24, 2013

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
They definitely upped the prices so lets see how well they sell now.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'm not seeing much of a change. My 2012 that I just bought had a "total MSRP" window sticker of $27,470 with the tech package, interior light kit, tech mirror, aero flares & rear step plate. I paid way less though as they were trying to dump the unsold 12s

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably the big difference will come from "out the door" price. Even though the MSRPs are close, the outgoing model has been getting a couple grand worth of discounts. Must be what made it grin so much. :D

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
So I was right up about $1k increase in price, not a surprise, prices will go down over time though. Good prices for what you get though if you look at the specs for each model :smiley:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Good to know the s GT with automatic is within my price range lol I doubt I be getting that iEloop tech package, not worth it for 1mpg more and don't need all those other things that comes with it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to know the s GT with automatic is within my price range lol I doubt I be getting that iEloop tech package, not worth it for 1mpg more and don't need all those other things that comes with it.
I'm seriously thinking about the radar cruise system. I'd use that a LOT (long daily highway commute). But I'm not sure if I'd use it $1600 work of a lot, and I have no interest in the rest of the package.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I'm seriously thinking about the radar cruise system. I'd use that a LOT (long daily highway commute). But I'm not sure if I'd use it $1600 work of a lot, and I have no interest in the rest of the package.
If it were me, I wouldn't get it haha Honestly, I've never used cruise control before, even in long road trips (6+ hours) I'll always drive it myself. Even one time I tried using cruise control for a bit, I turned it off as I felt more relaxed driving it myself. That's regular cruise control tho, so maybe with radar cruise control it probably won't feel as nerve wrecking for me. I'll be happy with blind spot monitoring and a rear view camera, that's pretty much all I need :D

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
That's what I was thinking. Not worth 1 mpg to me either.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If it were me, I wouldn't get it haha Honestly, I've never used cruise control before, even in long road trips (6+ hours) I'll always drive it myself. Even one time I tried using cruise control for a bit, I turned it off as I felt more relaxed driving it myself. That's regular cruise control tho, so maybe with radar cruise control it probably won't feel as nerve wrecking for me. I'll be happy with blind spot monitoring and a rear view camera, that's pretty much all I need :D
I rarely use cruise control myself, but the REASON I don't use it is because the goofballs in front of me on i84 and i684 are completely incapable of maintaining a constant speed. Adaptive cruise might make me actually use it. Especially if it works at creep speeds between 20-40 MPH.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Avoiding the grin is worth at least a couple grand.
+1

Haha I couldn't get past the goofy smile but I'm sure a lot of people out there probably like them. The 10-13 3's are nice looking all around, except the front. I'm very glad Mazda got it right this time around.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts