2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Man, they should move to Arizona. I'd gladly let them borrow my car. Heck, just give me access to all their exisiting parts and I'll figure it out for them. :cheesy:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, they should move to Arizona. I'd gladly let them borrow my car. Heck, just give me access to all their exisiting parts and I'll figure it out for them. :cheesy:
I feel the same way. I would gladly let corksport borrow my car if they can get a CAI made. But they already have a 2014 mazda3 hatch that belongs to an employee there.

·
Registered
104 Posts
what are realistic gains to be expected , i wish CPe would make an CAI + MAF reprogram kind of like they did for gen1 Mazda6 , it was such a great mod.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Ya know, I never saw it for my Hyundai genesis coupe, but I wonder if anyone has or would do it for the new 3.... Basically replacing the stock intake and air duct with a new scoop that sits lower and kind of acts like a ram air scoop. May be better than a full cold air intake setup.

·
mtruong131
19 Posts
I have a 2015 mazda3 I touring HB and bought an injen cai made for a 2014. Took me a while to get it to sit correctly so I called injen. They haven't made the cai for 2015 and asked me to lend them my car so they can make one. Wish I had called before I bought the cai, could have gotten a free one with installation.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 2015 mazda3 I touring HB and bought an injen cai made for a 2014. Took me a while to get it to sit correctly so I called injen. They haven't made the cai for 2015 and asked me to lend them my car so they can make one. Wish I had called before I bought the cai, could have gotten a free one with installation.
Where exactly did you buy the injen cai?

·
Registered
964 Posts
So who's gonna be the first to bite the bullet and get this thing? I'm interested in how it looks in the engine bay and where they managed to stick the filter. I have a feeling that cutting the splash guard might be required. I had to do that on my 07 Civic Si with an Injen CAI.

·
mtruong131
19 Posts
Well I installed mt injen cai but it keeps throwing a cel. I've tried disconnecting the negative terminal and the code will go away for a bit but comes back. I'm prob gonna go back to stock unless anyone has any ideas on how to fix it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I actually ordered the Injen CAI from AutoAnything (rather hastily) and decided to cancel it before it shipped and went with a JBR SRI :cheesy: I'm not sure you can get the true benefits of a CAI anyway due to the restricted space in the engine bay. Seeing problems with CELs now makes me feel even better about going with a product actually designed for our engines

·
Registered
964 Posts
Well I installed mt injen cai but it keeps throwing a cel. I've tried disconnecting the negative terminal and the code will go away for a bit but comes back. I'm prob gonna go back to stock unless anyone has any ideas on how to fix it.

Stop by an auto parts place and have them pull the code for the CEL. We need to know what it is if we are to help you figure it what's wrong.

From past experience, a CEL can be caused by many things, including a pinched O-ring for the MAF sensor, gas cap, rich or leak condition due to the intake itself, so who knows...

Have Autozone or something pull the CEL and tell us what it is.

I find it hard to believe that Injen designed and tested this intake without a CEL popping up in their test car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts