2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question has probably been brought up before but has anyone had CorkSport RMM installed and know from experience how the NVH feels on the car? Is it worth getting as a daily driver (50 miles a day)? Thank you in advanced.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
This question has probably been brought up before but has anyone had CorkSport RMM installed and know from experience how the NVH feels on the car? Is it worth getting as a daily driver (50 miles a day)? Thank you in advanced.
Stock motor mounts - smoother

aftermarket stiffer - crispy, responsive engine feedback.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,444 Posts
I read that it increases NVH noticeably. A user said it was tolerable for a DD though.

I still may get one. Not sure about the transmission mount though..probably not needed.
CK

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read that it increases NVH noticeably. A user said it was tolerable for a DD though.

I still may get one. Not sure about the transmission mount though..probably not needed.
CK
Thank you. Btw, I see your mods include the shifter bushings. Do you have a video on how to install the shifter bushings? I'm afraid to tear the clips. Was it easy to do?

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,444 Posts
It was a quick installation. You should be fine.
CK

·
Rubber side down
267 Posts
Opinions on this can be relative. I don't even notice it anymore. I had version 1 of the RMM which failed (you can read about this on Corksport's blog). I thought my not noticing the vibrations was due to the tear in the urethane, but once I replaced it with version 2 I realized that I have simply gotten used to it. In my opinion, it is a very streetable motor mount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts