2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I want to change my stock grille for my M3 with an aftermarket one. The thing is , I noticed yestarday that my OEM grille has some sensors attached , so my questions would be.. can I disconnect these senors and reconnect them on my new grille? Should I give up those two front senors ? Or should I give up on the new grille. Thank you for your answers!

·
Registered
988 Posts
So my questions would be.. can I disconnect these senors and reconnect them on my new grille? Should I give up those two front sensors ? Or should I give up on the new grille. Thank you for your answers!
So you need to figure it out if you want to have the sensors or not:

Yes to sensors ---> then you will need to drill holes on the new grille where the sensors can seat.

No to sensors ---> You don't drill nothing on the new grille, but you will loose some functionality as you will have no parking sensors and also you need to check if every sensor is individual or are connected all together.

If all parking sensors are connected all together ---> then you will have to drill holes on the new grille unless you don't drill nothing and just leave them hanging behind of the new grille.

Cheers!

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Well there's a few options for grilles on the '14 - '16 model. What are you trying to accomplish? Do you still want the grille to look OEM? Is it just the license plate slab that drives you nuts? Do you want a different look on the front -- like a mesh grille? I have an overlay from Japan that cancels out the slab and still maintains the stock look. I doubt you'd need to move any sensors if that's your goal?

All depends on the final look you're trying to accomplish with the grille. Let us know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well there's a few options for grilles on the '14 - '16 model. What are you trying to accomplish? Do you still want the grille to look OEM? Is it just the license plate slab that drives you nuts? Do you want a different look on the front -- like a mesh grille? I have an overlay from Japan that cancels out the slab and still maintains the stock look. I doubt you'd need to move any sensors if that's your goal?

All depends on the final look you're trying to accomplish with the grille. Let us know.
So indeed I want a different look on the front. I bought a diamond mesh grille from Aliexpress and I want to replace my OEM one. Could you tell me more about that overlay? Thanks all for your answers

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Chazzy J Thanks! Your 3 looks sick! Specially those rims , where did you found em ? And I am also planning to install that front lip, was it hard to do it ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's pretty much the type of grill I want to fit on my m3 , not exactly as that , but in that style. Just go to aliexpress and search for diamond grill mazda3. I cannot post links yet

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
@Chazzy J Thanks! Your 3 looks sick! Specially those rims , where did you found em ? And I am also planning to install that front lip, was it hard to do it ?
Thank you.

The rims are aftermarket Mazda OEM rims. Hard to find, but amazing quality, they look, fit, and feel stock. Those particular rims are the M011s. This website will show you the various rims Mazda has out there:

https://mazdashop.ca/collections/wheels

As for the front lip: Install is easy, but it does require you to drill two mounting holes on each side of the bumper fascia. The overall install is quite easy. Might take you 30 minutes. It comes with detailed templates to ensure you get the holes that need to be drilled aligned properly.

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Chazzy J has since moved on to a bigger, better, FASTER Mazda...

I want the 2018 Mazda6 style mesh in my 3...
haha, I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say that. My 3 still has a VERY fond spot in my heart. Hell I'd have kept it if the wife would've let me; but we'll just say that wasn't gonna happen. The 6 is definitely a step up and I love it in every way, but the new styling does make it FEEL like a much bigger car -- almost boat-like when compared to my 3. Having driven a 2014 and 2016 Mazda 6 as loaner cars from my dealership, I was quite surprised how much larger the 2018 6 felt. The 2014 and 2016 didn't feel large at all when I drove them (several times mind you). Being that the dimensions are the same, it's an interesting feel for sure. Very much like my old 2004 Lincoln LS V8.

Regardless, with a growing family, it was definitely the right move to make. I do miss my 3 for sure though.

Reactions: minsanity

·
Registered
87 Posts
Lots of Google fu-ing I’ve found that grille mentioned above, a Knight Sport Style (3 horizontal bars vs 2), and a more simple mesh grille are our main options. I’ve all seen it on AlieExpress.com Just type in Axela Grille should get you close. Cheers to your hunt! I’m personally leaning to the second due to my plans on switching to KS front/side/Rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Here’s some options I’ve found on AlieExpress.com. First is a open mesh design and second is reminiscent of Knight Sports take, without a front license area or badge. Personally I love the second one for the simple fact it improves upon the Knight Sport Style Body I plan!

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts