2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I was searching around in the forums but couldn't find anything specifically on if steering wheel peeling is covered by warranty.

Made a call to south bay mazda and they informed me that the interior is only covered by 12 month warranty; spoke to culver city mazda and they said a manager would have to look at it.

Anyone have this problem before?

·
Registered
310 Posts
it should be, as long as you can demonstrate you didn't use any abrassive compounds, or missued the steering Wheel. Can you post pictures?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this happen to my 2012 Mazda 3 GX-AC. The silver paint of the plastic Mazda logo on the centre of the steering wheel had worn away from hand friction, revealing an underwhelming matte white/bone-colour. The car was only 2 years old so I took it in to ask if replacing the logo was under warranty but they told me they would have to replace the entire steering wheel because tampering with the logo would violate national air bag regulations....
...I smelled the familiar bs you always get from the dealership but decided to just accept it and settle with the bone colour :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts