2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a compustar remote starter on my 2014 mazda 3 and after I remote start and open the door, the engine shuts off. Is there a takeover procedure for mazda push to start yet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Take a peek at these threads as this question has been brought up a couple times:

My post count is too low to post the threads but they are titled:
Remote Start for 2014 mazda3
2015 Remote Start

After some research, it appears like the newest version of the iDataLink or Fortin modules support remote start take over even if the door ajar is triggered.

Unfortunately I purchased my car with a crappy 1 way Avital Remote start installed and I've been hoping to get a 2 way SmartStart installed

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input. There is takeover but I think there is a problem with the takeover so I'm waiting for a firmware update from compustar. My takeover works intermittently.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My compustar take over works by taping the brake pedal atleast once before the 30 second timer is up after opening the door.

If you do that the engine stay running, else it will cut off and relock the car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My compustar take over works by taping the brake pedal atleast once before the 30 second timer is up after opening the door.

If you do that the engine stay running, else it will cut off and relock the car.
Is your take over consistent? Mine does it sometimes and other times it doesn't. When my car is turned on from cold start via remote starter, the take over procedure doesn't work. However, when it's warm started (engine has been turned on. Then turn off and remote start again), it works. It's very weird. What year mazda and compustar brain do you have? Did you have to give up a keyfob? I know that compustar recently updated its firmware to allow take over for mazda push to start.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=gCDmTnSbkIs (takeover not working correctly on a cold engine start)

(here is the take over performing after a warm engine start)

I think it has to do with the relay? If the car is COMPLETELY turned off and you remote start it, take over doesn't work. After you shut down the engine, the relay stays on for about a min. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Is your take over consistent? Mine does it sometimes and other times it doesn't. When my car is turned on from cold start via remote starter, the take over procedure doesn't work. However, when it's warm started (engine has been turned on. Then turn off and remote start again), it works. It's very weird. What year mazda and compustar brain do you have? Did you have to give up a keyfob? I know that compustar recently updated its firmware to allow take over for mazda push to start.
Yep works every time. I did have to give up a key, the key that I gave up has no battery in it, I couldn't even start my car with it if i wanted to since it's so hidden and far away. They used it to read the RFID tag to pass along to the compustar system.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just installed the Fortin remote start. It took me about an hour (mostly messing with the firmware to get the key code data to load into it). I expect for others it should take 30-45 minutes tops. It works exactly the way I hoped. It's plug and play (I didn't have to tap or cut any factory wire, just swapped connectors with the harness, I get to keep both keys (no need to hide one in the car), and use the factory key fob to remote start the car (by pressing the lock button three times). I unlock it while its running by pressing the unlock button on the door or the factory key fob. The car doesn't shut off when I open the door, either. To start driving, I press the start button once, then drive like normal. I purchased everything on eBay for about $220 shipping included (the Evo One module, the Thar One Maz3 harness, and the Fortin Link firmware flashing module). $60 of that was for the firmware flashing/programming module, which I'll turn right back around and sell on eBay for about $50, so the total cost ends up being less than $175. :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
I just installed the Fortin remote start. It took me about an hour (mostly messing with the firmware to get the key code data to load into it). I expect for others it should take 30-45 minutes tops. It works exactly the way I hoped. It's plug and play (I didn't have to tap or cut any factory wire, just swapped connectors with the harness, I get to keep both keys (no need to hide one in the car), and use the factory key fob to remote start the car (by pressing the lock button three times). I unlock it while its running by pressing the unlock button on the door or the factory key fob. The car doesn't shut off when I open the door, either. To start driving, I press the start button once, then drive like normal. I purchased everything on eBay for about $220 shipping included (the Evo One module, the Thar One Maz3 harness, and the Fortin Link firmware flashing module). $60 of that was for the firmware flashing/programming module, which I'll turn right back around and sell on eBay for about $50, so the total cost ends up being less than $175. :)
refer from below image, I see we can easy to swap connectors (1) and (2), but how about for connecttor (3) inside the Parking lights switch ?

·
Registered
168 Posts
My DEI/Python remote start works perfect in my 2014 3. Something must be wired/programmed wrong.

·
Registered
36 Posts
refer from below image, I see we can easy to swap connectors (1) and (2), but how about for connecttor (3) inside the Parking lights switch ?

I didn't use connector three. The instructions stated it was optional, and there seemed to be no benefit. When the remote start is activated, the parking lights flash (along with two quick beeps of the horn) as the result of pressing lock three times on the remote. Then the car starts and the DRLs are active, so there seems to be no point to connecting them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm working on installing a remote starter using Compustar on mazda3 2014 l. Do i need to install the hood pin? Tia.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts