2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
Raceland is a "you get what you pay for" coilovers in the sense that they'll give you the ride height you want but don't expect to go to any track days and have these hold up for an extended period of time. If you really want an adjustable ride height, get them. If you're looking to do Auto-X, look for another set.

I know because I was looking at these for my old Mk4 Jetta and there's a TON of reviews on them by the VW community lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. Ive heard mixed reviews about them on different cars. I done ever plan to do Autocross or any tracking whatsoever in my car so ill be ok in that aspect. At least the roads where I live aren't full of potholes and uneven surfaces.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I would advise against it. Your ride quality would suffer a lot more compared to running just springs on cheap coils.

·
Super Moderator
6,401 Posts

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
The Miata crowd scoffs at Ricelands on a regular basis.
Yeah, Racelands don't have the best rep amongst the tuner community. It's like most other eBay parts. Some work to a degree, some are just straight junk. With the variety of coil springs out there for your car (i.e. Corksport, Eibach, Megan (if you're into that brand), etc.) you have plenty of options on what level of drop you want plus you won't have to spend as much cash on the set of springs as you would a set of those coilovers. They'll also outperform the Racelands on the track and probably feel better as well.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah, Racelands don't have the best rep amongst the tuner community. It's like most other eBay parts. Some work to a degree, some are just straight junk. With the variety of coil springs out there for your car (i.e. Corksport, Eibach, Megan (if you're into that brand), etc.) you have plenty of options on what level of drop you want plus you won't have to spend as much cash on the set of springs as you would a set of those coilovers. They'll also outperform the Racelands on the track and probably feel better as well.
I figured, I had never heard of them or used them on any of my previous vehicles. As the old saying goes, If it sounds too good to be true, than it probably is. That price was crazy cheap, i basically just paid that for the new springs from Corksport i just ordered

1 - 9 of 9 Posts