2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New here! I just purchased a Key Fob with 'trunk release' from ebay. Dealer wants $75 to program the key. Can someone help with me with the instructions for 2014+ with push start? I could only find instructions for the older keyed versions?

Thank you!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Redoing the fob is no longer a dyi task. You have to go to the dealer and they have to hook up to the ecu.

I know. .. did the exact same thing.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yeah sorry about that. The wife lost ours down the toilet and had to go through it. The older mazda's would allow you to do some sort of hocus pocus to program as long as you had at least 1 good fob.

They changed it and now it really is a dealer only kind of thing....or someone that has the expensive mazda equipment.

·
Registered
367 Posts
There is a write up on his very site somewhere about how to do it yourself, but you have to have two fobs PLUS the one you`re programming (ie; not a good thing if you`ve already lost one, so the recommendation was to buy it before you need it). If you have two that are programmed to your car you can do it yourself, otherwise it`s off to the dealer. I`d do the research and find the thread but I`m on like 2 1/2 hours of sleep and ready to look at the back of my eyelids for a while. The Search button up in the right corner will be of assistance ;-)

·
Registered
422 Posts
There is a write up on his very site somewhere about how to do it yourself, but you have to have two fobs PLUS the one you`re programming (ie; not a good thing if you`ve already lost one, so the recommendation was to buy it before you need it). If you have two that are programmed to your car you can do it yourself, otherwise it`s off to the dealer. I`d do the research and find the thread but I`m on like 2 1/2 hours of sleep and ready to look at the back of my eyelids for a while. The Search button up in the right corner will be of assistance ;-)

Hey voodoo..man I hope you're right, but I really think you're talking about the older Generations. I searched for days on how to do it with the new ones and never saw anything about being able to do it yourself.

So if you can find that please share because I'm sure with 2 Mazdas.... I'll probably lose another key fob in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts