2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
My 2015 Mazda3 automatic has had no problems since I drove it off the lot four years ago. The only things I've changed on it: the engine oil and filters on a 5000 mile schedule over the years, and the battery a month ago.

I've got about 36000 miles on it at this point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's a money thing. I really can't afford to change the oil more often. So I use the best synthetics I can and do it as little as possible. Since I pretty much only do highway, it's not as big a deal. Heck my rear brakes made it 139k. Still have the original fronts.
2014 Mazda 3 I Touring Hatchback (Snowflake White)[Michigan] - Bought at 43K after 2 leases were completed (Separate individuals had each lease) . After 2 years, I got the miles up to 115k and haven't changed the brakes yet. Oil changes self-performed around 6-8k miles though. I think I only had to change one lowbeam bulb and replaced the tires before this recent winter (After 1.5 years??)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see this is an old thread and maybe you've had it fixed already. Just in case you haven't, call your dealer and ask either a salesman or the used car manager for the name of the vendor they use for leather repair...

They all use one for small tears and such... The trick will be getting it out of them. Then call the company (usually a guy who works out of his car) and go from there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2014 Mazda 3 GS 75k miles (120k km) Japan built.

Last summer replaced the front and rear brakes, rears were badly rusted. Different brakes for Japan/Mexico is annoying... I used PowerStop ones off amazon.

This summer around 115k km replaced the spark plugs and tires (have a winter set as well).

Just regular oil changes/maintenance visits.

Recently the rear camera started acting up a couple of times but other than that, no issues.

Aside from the brakes, I've also regularly (a couple of times a year) upgraded the infotainment software. Also added the Android Auto hardware to support that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought the 2.0 manual sedan at the end of 2013 and have put 82,000 miles on the car with no troubles [knocks on wood]. I desperately wish the manual was still available on the 2020 sedans. I drive carefully and get ~42 mpg overall. Only two tanks have been under 40: one when I drove very fast highway miles on a long trip and the other when I was in Los Angeles fighting traffic.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts