2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Further Update
It was too small. Like, significantly too small. So now I'll have to fight with them to get my money back.
I'm really getting tired of this car.

UPDATE
I sent a picture of the injector to the folks at findpigtails.com and they sent me a part number. It looks like it is a match so I ordered it and will keep this post updated in case anyone else has this problem in the future.

Here is the plug I ordered, for reference:

I have had a similar issue to some other folks on here, in that my 2014 Mazda 3 has faulty injectors.

This is not my current issue.

In the process of replacing the injectors we accidentally broke one of the injector connectors. A .02 cent piece of plastic is currently preventing me from driving my car.

I have searched Amazon, eBay, every major and minor car part store I can find. I even called my local Mazda dealership and had their parts guy look it up for me. Apparently Mazda doesn't "service" connectors, which I take to mean they don't stock and sell them.

There is a connector that we bought off Amazon that is almost correct. But the clip is upside down to the injector and thus it doesn't clip in correctly. Amazon.com: 6-Denso High Impedance Female Fuel Injector Connector Electrical Plug Pigtail: Automotive

Can anyone tell me who makes these connectors or where I can find one? I'm pricing out full engine harnesses at this point and really don't want to spend $100 on this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I'd suggest a scrapyard. Not sure if they're open with the pandemic, but I would think so as in most places car parts are considered essential.

Call around and also try www.car-part.com. it won't list the specific part you're after, but it will tell you who has a Mazda 3 on their lot. You can contact them from there. Search for an injector or something like that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried all the scrap yards around me. The oldest Mazda 3 they have is a '13 and it has different connectors. 😭

·
Registered
91 Posts
When I was looking for a part for my 14 Mazda 3 door, my dealer was able to do a widespread search on line. They found it 100 miles away on a junked 14. Perhaps your local dealer can search for it. Probably similar to car-part.com.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Several broken clips on my old 929. Clean connection and glue them on with Blue Permatex or similar. Never a problem for many miles and years. (Loop wire and solder / option then seal with Permatex)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts