2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to happy that my 2014 Mazda 3 with 5,000 miles died on the road. I was next to AutoZone and the code that was scanned was P0302 Cylinder #2 Misfire. Had to get it towed to the nearest Mazda dealer. It took 2 days to get a new coil and get me back on the road.

The Royal Mazda in Bloomington, Indina did pay and put me in a rental car.

Waid

·
Registered
247 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
in fact I know it does not because I just realized it is morning time and it had to do with Cylinders lol Sorry to hear about your situation.

Just remember, things happen, everything man makes, breaks eventually, and when mass parts are produced, some parts fail sooner than expected :) Just remember to KCCO and your car will be running in no time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a 2000 Accord LX-V6 that I bought new and sold it after 200,000 miles. Had one coil go bad at 150,000 miles!

Just does not feel good since I traded a new Civic that I bought which had only 1,300 miles! The Civic drove like crap in my 2 hour everyday commute.

Waid

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had to get it towed to the nearest Mazda dealer.
Did the vehicle completely shut down so you couldn't drive it, or was it a precautionary so you wouldn't hurt the engine. I would hate for that to happen on a back road somewhere with no cell service if it wouldn't run.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car felt like the clutch was slipping when I went from 4th to 5th gear. After that the check engine and ABS lights cames on and lost power. I was close to AutoZone and had them scan the code and came back P0302!

Waid

·
Tiny Member
239 Posts
Did it actually stall or not? One misfiring cylinder should make it jerk like crazy but not die.

I had to take my Altima into Royal once for a recall and was happy with them as well.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Coil Failure is rare. A part like this will usually fail early in life or very late. If it last 6 months then it will probably last 10 years. The odds of this happening again to you should be very rare.

Sorry for your luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The car did not die but I believe it went in to limp home mode with very low power. I did not want to take any chances to I called for the free road side assitance and had the car put on flat bed to the dealers.

Waid

1 - 11 of 11 Posts