2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got some new wheels for my 2014 sGT and now I want to close up my wheel gap and improve the suspension. I'm looking for some higher-end coilovers to put on. Not really familiar with what's good and what's not, I've just seen ones like BC racing, corksport, Tein etc. Any help is appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
5,475 Posts
You'd be better off with a good set of springs and dampers. H&R and Eibach are good choices for springs. Koni Special Active dampers are probably the best choice out there for the Mazda 3.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wheels I'm using right now are the Enkei Raijin 18x8 45mm offset. I would like the slight extra lowness of the H&R springs, but I don't want to have to roll my fenders (so no rubbing occurs) and also I can't seem to find where to buy the H&R springs in the first place TBH. Do you think I would run into an issues, and if not where are the H&R purchasable?

·
Super Moderator
5,475 Posts
Should be fine, depends on tire choice.
H&Rs are only available from Germany via Ebay.
# 28821-1 for the 2.0L engine, # 28821-2 for the 2.5L engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know lowering springs can be taxing on an oem system, so besides the Koni reds, is there any other components I should upgrade?

·
Super Moderator
5,475 Posts
The rear sway bar....Install it while you have the rear suspension apart. You don't want to have to take it apart twice.

Make sure you use the right bumpstops when you install the dampers. These from 5x Racing are what you need. They work perfectly with the H&Rs on the Gen 3.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rear sway bar....Install it while you have the rear suspension apart. You don't want to have to take it apart twice.

Make sure you use the right bumpstops when you install the dampers. These from 5x Racing are what you need. They work perfectly with the H&Rs on the Gen 3.
I'm pricing the whole kit right now and I know nothing about bumpstops so I just wanted to ensure that the Mazdaspeed ones you linked will fit my gen3? Also should I get the whole kit or just front/rear?

·
Super Moderator
5,475 Posts
The ones in the link I used on my car, and others here have done the same. They work, and work better than using cut OEM stops. Just get the front and rear stops, the rest is pretty much irrelevant.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The ones in the link I used on my car, and others here have done the same. They work, and work better than using cut OEM stops. Just get the front and rear stops, the rest is pretty much irrelevant.
Looking into these bumpstops. I ended up putting the Tein Coil overs into my 3. Are they only for shock and spring set ups? Will they work for full coil overs also??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,475 Posts
Don't know the answer to that. Those bumps are designed for use with OEM type suspensions. Whether or not they work with something else depends on the design, ie the amount of compression travel, shaft diameter, what height your suspension is set at etc. Best bet is contact the manufacturer of the coilovers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts