2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my Mazda 3 I touring with the tech package which has the Bose sound system. After about a month I noticed some digital distortion coming from the rear deck speakers. I have already taken my car to the dealer and all they did was update the infotainment system to ver. 31.00 and the issue is still there any ideas on how to fix this issue? Also Centerpoint and Audio pilot have no effect on distortion.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Here is a audio file of the digital distortion. The sound was recorded in the center of the trunk.

Definitely sounds like digital distortion. Try turning centerpoint and audippilot off in the settings. It may be artifacts from post processing.

What;s the source? USB audio? If so - maybe the system is showing off low quality encodings/rips. Radio? Bad reception?

It could be a myriad of reasons right now...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tried with FM Bluetooth XM and all have the distortion. I have also already tried with Centerpoint and Audiopilot turned off and that has no effect on the distortion.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Might want to take it to the dealer and have them compare it with another 3 with the same Bose system. Sounds like the amp might be defective. I'm sure these units use digital amps - it's right under the passenger seat I think.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Just returned from the dealer and the service rep could hear the distortion but did not know what was causing it. He even compared my vehicle to another 3 with the same Bose system and even adjusted all the setting the same even the volume. The other Mazda 3 had some distortion but not as bad. The dealer said they will contact Mazda service techs and see if this issue is a known problem.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'll be curious to know if there's a resolution to this. I test drove a 3 today with the Bose system and heard some noticeable distortion through the front speakers while playing music off my iPhone, both over Bluetooth and USB. It would be inconsistent, too. Playing the same musical passage over and over again, sometimes it'd sound fine, and sometimes there'd be distortion.

I can't say how similar it is to yours, though. It's not clear to me whether your recording involves some weird techno music. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts