2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. Just wanted to make this post and inform you all about the successful set up I completed on a Japanese Import 2014 Mazda Axela (BM5FP). I was the first NZ owner of the car and started to get quite frustrated with the Japanese language entertainment system. After doing a lot of research and contacting a few people, I came across a youtube video showing how I could install Android Auto instead of upgrading the firmware or replacing the entire unit. The Android Auto works like a breeze and so far I have not had any issues with it. I can view my maps, make phone calls, use the OK Google feature, play music, reply to messages and a lot more.

Note.
1. The firmware version on my Mazda was (and still is) 56.00.403A-JP / M
2. The AIO Tweak software I downloaded to my Windows PC was MZD-AIO-TI 2.7.2 from mazdatweaks. You can Google this and it should come as the top hit. Sorry can't post URLs as am still new here.
3. I followed in the instructions shown in the youtube video by the channel MyTechLiving

Important point - Connect your phone only after you have started the car or have the infotainment system turned on (Accessories mode). If you leave the phone connected and then turn on the car or the system, android auto would get stuck on the welcome screen and does not proceed further.

Any questions, do let me know. Shall jump on this forum whenever I can to reply and help out others.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are you f*cking serious? Most in here have already AA in their car and it was even developed in this board. Maybe use the search function next time. Or did I miss something and you accomplished something noone did before?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All. Just wanted to make this post and inform you all about the successful set up I completed on a Japanese Import 2014 Mazda Axela (BM5FP). I was the first NZ owner of the car and started to get quite frustrated with the Japanese language entertainment system. After doing a lot of research and contacting a few people, I came across a youtube video showing how I could install Android Auto instead of upgrading the firmware or replacing the entire unit. The Android Auto works like a breeze and so far I have not had any issues with it. I can view my maps, make phone calls, use the OK Google feature, play music, reply to messages and a lot more.

Note.
1. The firmware version on my Mazda was (and still is) 56.00.403A-JP / M
2. The AIO Tweak software I downloaded to my Windows PC was MZD-AIO-TI 2.7.2 from mazdatweaks. You can Google this and it should come as the top hit. Sorry can't post URLs as am still new here.
3. I followed in the instructions shown in the youtube video by the channel MyTechLiving

Important point - Connect your phone only after you have started the car or have the infotainment system turned on (Accessories mode). If you leave the phone connected and then turn on the car or the system, android auto would get stuck on the welcome screen and does not proceed further.

Any questions, do let me know. Shall jump on this forum whenever I can to reply and help out others.
Thanks for the share Emailakil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts