2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! just got a question for anyone out there that have done it them selves. I have a 2014 mazda 3 and i have done everything i could to make the car look lower without adding springs, but now im looking to add eibach pro kit (dropping 1.0" front and 1.3" back) im currently running aftermarket 19" rims. Wondering if i will get any wheel rubbing, by the look of it it doesnt seem like it would. just wondering if anyone out there has done this or dont think that they will rub.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Hey guys! just got a question for anyone out there that have done it them selves. I have a 2014 mazda 3 and i have done everything i could to make the car look lower without adding springs, but now im looking to add eibach pro kit (dropping 1.0" front and 1.3" back) im currently running aftermarket 19" rims. Wondering if i will get any wheel rubbing, by the look of it it doesnt seem like it would. just wondering if anyone out there has done this or dont think that they will rub. View attachment 281899 View attachment 281901 View attachment 281900
What are your wheel & tire specs?
Prokits, 19x8.5" et45 wheels & 225/40s on mine. Got front SPC camber bolts. Lesser offset & wider than 225s might cause you rubbing.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are your wheel & tire specs?
Prokits, 19x8.5" et45 wheels & 225/40s on mine. Got front SPC camber bolts. Lesser offset & wider than 225s might cause you rubbing.

Hey got a side view? I have 235/35/19 wheel spec

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
So no rubing at all in the fronts? also how is the ride?
I rolled rear fenders after finding the 3's fitment limits. Why? For more tire width & wheel offset options later. I had no rub running these prior to rolling though. Current setup rides way better than stock. On Koni Gold FSDs...they're now Red & renamed Special Actives.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yup, I did full suspension replace on my 2014 GT. Only hard part was getting old shocks of rust welded pins. Had to cut them off, see last pic. Godspeed track springs 1" lower all around. Don't replace stock rubber spring seats, they will shred. Get some good hard polyurethane spring coil seats all around. Perfect for me. Moog 22ml sway bar endlinks and Bilstein shocks. No clunks or creaks. Good upgrade.

I have 15mm billet hubcentric spacers on all 4 wheels, I rolled fenders, but it wasn't needed with 15's.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup, I did full suspension replace on my 2014 GT. Only hard part was getting old shocks of rust welded pins. Had to cut them off, see last pic. Godspeed track springs 1" lower all around. Don't replace stock rubber spring seats, they will shred. Get some good hard polyurethane spring coil seats all around. Perfect for me. Moog 22ml sway bar endlinks and Bilstein shocks. No clunks or creaks. Good upgrade.

I have 15mm billet hubcentric spacers on all 4 wheels, I rolled fenders, but it wasn't needed with 15's.
View attachment 281909
View attachment 281910
View attachment 281911
Looks good!! Nice ride, do you happen to live in an area that snows? If so how is the ride in the snow?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was at 80k and they were worn. I also found that my right rear sprig had snapped on the last coil, something that happens with a lot of mazda's I guess. Couldn't see the broken spring until I took it apart. Ride is a bit stiffer and take about a 3 weeks to settle but i have to creaks or thunks like before, probably from replacing the janky stock 14mm bar ends. If you are making struts, cant use the stock mazda rubber spring seats, they shred. Get performance spring seats made outta polyurethane.

My car is great in the snow. I have Potenza all weather performance tires that help lots. I've never had an issue with snow in CT with this car and good tires unless its ground clearance thing. The springs recover from bounces very fast, especially around turns. No more sway and hop when driving aggressively. Here's before and after a year apart (before on right). So weird, it didn't bother me before the 1" drop but now it looks like a truck before dropped to me. I have stock 18" rims with 15mm spacers on all 4 corners..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was at 80k and they were worn. I also found that my right rear sprig had snapped on the last coil, something that happens with a lot of mazda's I guess. Couldn't see the broken spring until I took it apart. Ride is a bit stiffer and take about a 3 weeks to settle but i have to creaks or thunks like before, probably from replacing the janky stock 14mm bar ends. If you are making struts, cant use the stock mazda rubber spring seats, they shred. Get performance spring seats made outta polyurethane.

My car is great in the snow. I have Potenza all weather performance tires that help lots. I've never had an issue with snow in CT with this car and good tires unless its ground clearance thing. The springs recover from bounces very fast, especially around turns. No more sway and hop when driving aggressively. Here's before and after a year apart (before on right). So weird, it didn't bother me before the 1" drop but now it looks like a truck before dropped to me. I have stock 18" rims with 15mm spacers on all 4 corners..

View attachment 281913 View attachment 281914
Nice. Thank you. What’s your overall wheel size from edge to edge

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5 non sky
680 Posts
Hey Joey
Alot of guys on the Toronto Mazda 3 forum drop their cars with eibachs and upgrade the dampeners to Koni's
Do check with your tire guy about max sizes and rubbing. But if on OEM size shouldnt be an issue.
If you are in the Scars area reach out to CEO Tires Scarborough ON Tires & Wheels | CEO Tires Corporation .
Also he always has great all in pricing deals with manufacture rebates.

Cheers

Joe

·
Registered
117 Posts

2014Gt lowered with Godspeed Track Springs 1"all around. No clunks or squeaks but from passenger rear. Went to the matt to fix it, checked everything 20x. Still dull thud back passenger side. Took EVERYTING out of my car. Still there. Started pulling out panels and noticed the jack (never been used) in passenger rear. Metal retainer with treaded pin. Jack somehow was loose, even after tightening down, the sound was still there. I added rubber pad and made sure hack was in secure. Had to turn the screw to "lift" the jack in the bracket to take up the slack.

The damn jack was causing all of my rear noise thud. Would have never thought it was the culprit. Wondering how many of you have the same issue and are going nuts tryin to find the source!

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5 non sky
680 Posts
I think had that happen to me also . Loose jack and at one time loo spare tire.
In the end i removed the jack and spare and put it a removable trunk bag .
Its a great way to drop your cars weight when autocross or at the track .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts