2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
xskynetx, I think you better get back on your medication as soon as possible...

·
Registered
431 Posts
that's like buying high performance speakers and using a cheap amplifier. you waste time and money. that is a childish and worthless solution. and based on your answer Mazda 3 owners don't like their cars because they don't serve any good purpose. mAZDA 3 IS NOT WORTH THE TIME or money FOR ANYTHING GOOD, RADIO or engine swap. Thailand is a good example of how your country has so many modifications but all of them are worthless. when Thailand owners (https://www.facebook.com/MZstoreThailand/) stop using air scoops like its a Subaru then I will respect your cultures following, until then you guys keep making me laugh. next real suggestion with our crap radio ?
I think the first thing you should buy is a box of tissues to wipe the dribble coming from your mouth and the tears from your eye.

The Mazda 3 is nothing more than a vanilla shopping trolley, how ever I like the fact I can tinker and improve on what I think is a solid starting platform.

Sorry to here you find the vehicle so disappointing, maybe its time for you to go buy a camry or something.

As for the crap radio, with new speakers, amps and EQ it performs very well, Nice dig at the Thai people by they way which is amusing as they don't seem to cry about what the vehicle is lacking.

·
Registered
42 Posts
is the following so bad that no one cares about upgrading the head unit on these cars ? Its been almost 5 years and this car still doesn't have an aftermarket radio adapter for a LEGIT RADIO brand.
Hey buddy, I tell you what, go to any reputable car audio supplier or eBay US and buy the hardness adapter that is available from them. Heck you can even get them on Aliexpress - buy a couple though to swap the pins around as required.
Then, use the harness that comes with the headunit in the box and solder the two together like and after market car audio installed can and does as required.
Low and behold, any Alpine, Sony, Pioneer etc. deck can then be installed into the car! (assume these are the legit unit's you are talking about? With respect, there is no international standard that defines legit for car head units...) :laugh2:

As a head start, the harness is above and behind the front right kick panel. It plugs into a unit that you can intercept for the speakers, ignition, +12 constant, ground etc.
You can then install the head unit into your globe box and guess what - it's not so bad :)

You might get a DTC or 10 (speaker disconnects - put some resister inline on old wiring to solve that) and probably loose steering wheels controls unless you install an adapter for that also.

Now if all the old skool shit above is too hard for you and not worthwhile to your unbelievable sounding speakers that you're lashing an elephant wad of cash on; spend some more cash and get a DSP like most other car audio enthusiasts do when they want to maintain excellent integration across the car electronics and entertainment with an aftermarket sound system
Bloody hell... newb... :finger007:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey buddy, I tell you what, go to any reputable car audio supplier or eBay US and buy the hardness adapter that is available from them. Heck you can even get them on Aliexpress - buy a couple though to swap the pins around as required.
Then, use the harness that comes with the headunit in the box and solder the two together like and after market car audio installed can and does as required.
Low and behold, any Alpine, Sony, Pioneer etc. deck can then be installed into the car! (assume these are the legit unit's you are talking about? With respect, there is no international standard that defines legit for car head units...) :laugh2:

As a head start, the harness is above and behind the front right kick panel. It plugs into a unit that you can intercept for the speakers, ignition, +12 constant, ground etc.
You can then install the head unit into your globe box and guess what - it's not so bad :)

You might get a DTC or 10 (speaker disconnects - put some resister inline on old wiring to solve that) and probably loose steering wheels controls unless you install an adapter for that also.

Now if all the old skool shit above is too hard for you and not worthwhile to your unbelievable sounding speakers that you're lashing an elephant wad of cash on; spend some more cash and get a DSP like most other car audio enthusiasts do when they want to maintain excellent integration across the car electronics and entertainment with an aftermarket sound system
Bloody hell... newb... :finger007:
Cheers to a brilliant post mate :beerchug:

I smell a troll (the OP)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts