2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love m new mazda 3 iSport but I can't stand that they put the license plate mount right in the center of he grill. Its just aesthetically annoying. Is anyone else with me on this? I would love a replacement grill that doesn't have that stupid license plate mount. I would gladly relocate the license plate somewhere else on the front like offset to the side or something if someone made a grill to replace the factory one.

Please tell me someone somewhere is working on this.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its nice to see that someone is doing something. I don't really like their grill replacement but it does look pretty good without the mazda badge up front... that being said I actually like the mazda badge up front, especially on my car, the chrome accents the black paint nicely. I really just want that rectangular license plate mount gone and what might look cool is chrome lining on the front edges of the grill lines.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Its nice to see that someone is doing something. I don't really like their grill replacement but it does look pretty good without the mazda badge up front... that being said I actually like the mazda badge up front, especially on my car, the chrome accents the black paint nicely. I really just want that rectangular license plate mount gone and what might look cool is chrome lining on the front edges of the grill lines.
Ask and you shall receive. This is my car.....

Attachments

Reactions: rolanie3

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Is that from the factory? I didn't see any like that at the dealership
No, it's aftermarket from luxwoodtrim.com. They are an authorized Mazda dealer supplier in Canada.

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
I know it's not a grill but what do you think about this?
Id rather not have a front plate in the grill either (no plate always looks cleaner) but in my opinion putting it off to the side looks even more awkward and calls more attention to it.

Either rock it in the middle or just not at all.

In some states its a minor fix it ticket (non-moving violation/wont affect driving record) so some people just choose to not run the front.

Here in California its a fix it....I run mine though because its one less reason to get pulled over.

^It kinda works on EVOs, but then again they have that nice intercooler in the front which you wouldnt wanna block airflow to. :)

The Mazda 3's front bumper design just wont look right with a side mounted license plate...just my opinion though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Id rather not have a front plate in the grill either (no plate always looks cleaner) but in my opinion putting it off to the side looks even more awkward and calls more attention to it.

Either rock it in the middle or just not at all.

In some states its a minor fix it ticket (non-moving violation/wont affect driving record) so some people just choose to not run the front.

Here in California its a fix it....I run mine though because its one less reason to get pulled over.

^It kinda works on EVOs, but then again they have that nice intercooler in the front which you wouldnt wanna block airflow to. :)

The Mazda 3's front bumper design just wont look right with a side mounted license plate...just my opinion though.
I have to agree... for a car like the evo it looks great but offset to the side on our new 3's it looks just way out of place... I'm half way tempted to just roll around without the plate and see if I get pulled over. I'm also kinda curious to see hoe it would look centered on the splitter facing upward at an angle... probably will look stupid but its worth a shot. Unfortunately my plates don't come in for a few more weeks (still rockin the temp dealer plate in the back window) so I can't try this but if someone has already please post a pic so we can see.

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
I have to agree... for a car like the evo it looks great but offset to the side on our new 3's it looks just way out of place... I'm half way tempted to just roll around without the plate and see if I get pulled over. I'm also kinda curious to see hoe it would look centered on the splitter facing upward at an angle... probably will look stupid but its worth a shot. Unfortunately my plates don't come in for a few more weeks (still rockin the temp dealer plate in the back window) so I can't try this but if someone has already please post a pic so we can see.
Yep, I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the EVO's front is more squarish/angular...even on the sides so it manages to accommodate the plate.

On our 3s, the bumper design seems to best suited for middle application of the plate.

I would go without the front plate but have tint, if I get pulled for the plate they may nab for the tint while they are at it which is what happened last time on my previous ride. But here in CA just a fix it but its hassle...getting pulled over then having to go get it signed off and if I recall correctly its also $25 fine as well. Don't feel like paying money to the police department.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I got quote from them. Just for those chrome accents is fairly overpriced in my opinion but up until this car I DE-chromed all my vehicles. This one is dead sexy with chrome and like to add more like like that. What did they give you for a price

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I got quote from them. Just for those chrome accents is fairly overpriced in my opinion but up until this car I DE-chromed all my vehicles. This one is dead sexy with chrome and like to add more like like that. What did they give you for a price
They are overpriced at $225 but they are the only game in town for these accents. This included all of the chrome including the grille, fog lights, and rear hatch trim.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi RVOLL,
I'm curious ... where did you get the front parking sensor mod and what is the cost?
Does it work well for you and is it worth it?
It seems its only available as standard in Australia.

Thx & Much Appreciated!!!

"Blue Reflex sGT - JBR Filter - Chrome Grille/Fog lights/Rear hatch/window trim - Front parking sensors - Homelink mirror - Splash guards - Wired radar detector/power outlet - Trailer hitch/wiring - 2.5L/GT badging - Soft cargo liner - Alloy pedals - Kuda phone holder"

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Hi RVOLL,
I'm curious ... where did you get the front parking sensor mod and what is the cost?
Does it work well for you and is it worth it?
It seems its only available as standard in Australia.

Thx & Much Appreciated!!!

"Blue Reflex sGT - JBR Filter - Chrome Grille/Fog lights/Rear hatch/window trim - Front parking sensors - Homelink mirror - Splash guards - Wired radar detector/power outlet - Trailer hitch/wiring - 2.5L/GT badging - Soft cargo liner - Alloy pedals - Kuda phone holder"
@MZD3-14

They are different from the ones on Australia as they don't tie into the speed. However, they are cheap and I did post a how-to on them. They are fairly accurate if they are aimed properly. It took me a while to get them aimed. I'm probably going to disable the beeping sound as they sometimes go off if they see a curb or a car right next to me. Here is the listing on Amazon:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055XCLK4/[/ame]

Reactions: MZD3-14

·
Registered
57 Posts
I like the chrome trim a lot. This is something I will consider. Does it come already applied with 3m double sided tape to install it?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I like the chrome trim a lot. This is something I will consider. Does it come already applied with 3m double sided tape to install it?

@coder3d

Yes, it comes with the 3M automotive tape completely covering the back of each piece of trim. It also comes with some adhesive promoter. You only get one small package of the promoter and it evaporates quickly so make sure you use it on all the places you want to use the trim at one time. That promoter really works.

Reactions: coder3d

·
Registered
310 Posts

I still think that looks really nice, especially the chrome over the fog lights. Are they simply peel and stick? I can't imagine it being difficult.

The link you posted last time had no price, and no add to cart. How can I buy these??

·
Registered
57 Posts
I sent an email requesting information and have not gotten a response. I also called the phone number and was hung up on...

1 - 20 of 77 Posts