2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, wondering if someone might be able to answer this for me. For about the last hour, I've been searching high and low for the part number for a 2014+ Mazda3 TPMS sensor. I can find the OEM part number for the Mazda3 up through 2013. But NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, has the part number for 2014+.

Am I missing something here? I'm looking to get a new set of wheels and the last thing on the list I have to get are the TPMS sensors. Any help you guys can give is very appreciated.

Thank you!
Chazzy

Reactions: jwhvt

·
Registered
367 Posts
From what I understand it`s a passive TPMS, and the sensor is not on the wheel. It uses the ABS sensor to compare the rolling resistance of each wheel (I suspect it has something to do with comparing each wheels` rotational speed to each other. A low tire will spin faster than the others).

·
Registered
290 Posts
^

He's right
There are no physical TPMS sensors
it goes by ABS and rolling resistance
Honda uses the same system
Simple, reliable, cheaper
Only downside is we don't get actual PSI readings from systems that do have them
We only get an alert if one of the tires is low

·
Registered
372 Posts
The other replies are correct, there are no sensors in this vehicle. As the other guy said, it's simpler and cheaper and more reliable too. The downsides are 1) you don't see the actual PSI numbers, as it only looks for differences between the wheels, and closely related 2) it won't tell you which wheel is low, it just signals a general warning, so I recommend keeping a tire gauge in your glovebox so you can figure out which tire is low if it's not obvious, and refill it to the proper pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts