2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I recently bought a mazda 3. I'm really happy with it, but, I have noticed the gears are very crunchy. Mainly from 1->2 and 2->3. If I have my clutch fully depressed on a cold engine there will be an audible grind/crunch on shift (once in a while).

I have done some, testing, shall we say, and when idle with the clutch fully depressed sat the gear between shifts and can feel it struggling to go through the 'gate' sorry I'm not too technical with cars...!

Now... I bought the car recently and have a 1 year warranty. Reckon I'm covered...? It's on mazda approved used.

I also have, until tomorrow to use my statutory rights to complain to the dealer.

What you guys reckon? Complain to dealer and go through warranty to sort? I assume it's not normal as I never had this in my Corsa...

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
It doesn't hurt to ask the dealer.

Based on your above comments, they will at least inspect the vehicle to see if there is anything wrong.
CK

·
Registered
78 Posts
Same here. I've brought it up twice with the dealer, but they couldn't reproduce it the first time, and said nothing was abnormal the second time (whether that means they couldn't reproduce, or it's just supposed to feel like you're grinding gears sometimes I'm not sure).

I reported it last year at 20,000 km, and am at 50,000 now and it hasn't gotten worse, at least.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts