2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi newbie just chiming in with a question. According to page 13 of the quick start manual for the Mazda 3 one should be able to go into Setup then Vehicle Personalization. This allows changes to door locks, light controls etc. However the Vehicle Personalization submenu is not present in my car 2013 Speed 3 with tech.

Can someone with a 2013 Mazda 3 with tech please verify?

Thanks,.

·
Registered
296 Posts
if thats a new option for 2013 then i dont know but normally you would have to go the dealer to change the personalization

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Yes you would have to goto the dealer for that personalization option. What ever options you see on ur screen those are just basics.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess what confused me is that the quick reference guide shows this option available but the unit doesn't.
Wife's Cx 5 also has the same unit and the menu is present on her car but not mine.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I think for the 3 you have to go to the dealer. I had the personalization options done on my 2012 and they charged to have it done (used to be free the first time apparently). They tried to get me to pay $40+ but I talked them down to $28 - 10% student discount

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think for the 3 you have to go to the dealer. I had the personalization options done on my 2012 and they charged to have it done (used to be free the first time apparently). They tried to get me to pay $40+ but I talked them down to $28 - 10% student discount
Yes fully aware that the 2012 version needed the dealer to do the personalisation. However the 13 MY has the same touchscreen nav as the cx 5. Trying to find out if the quick reference guide is wrong or my unit is wrong. Lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes fully aware that the 2012 version needed the dealer to do the personalisation. However the 13 MY has the same touchscreen nav as the cx 5. Trying to find out if the quick reference guide is wrong or my unit is wrong. Lol
The guide is wrong!

Eneg

·
Registered
1 Posts
On the topic of the 2013 tech package, are any of you guys experiencing a problem with the usb/ipod mode where the touch screen unit "forgets" the last song played? I've noticed when I come back to use the car the next day or even after a few hours, that the song I had playing is reset to the beginning of the track list. Normally, if you don't remove the usb/ipod, an audio unit would just continue on with the last song listened to. Any fix for this? I'm planning to bring it up on my next visit to the dealership.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts