2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but does anyone know how to make the in-dash unit shuffle through songs in ALL the folders on a usb stick instead of just the current folder? I currently have music organized into artists/albums and when I hit the 'random' button, it just shuffles though the songs in the current folder.

Even when its not on random, and it reaches the end of a folder, it does not jump to the next folder. It starts from song 1 in the current folder again. I HAVE to press the folder up/down button to skip folders, and it gets annoying after a while.

I was hoping to find a setting I could change, instead of un-organizing all of my music and dumping it all in 1 folder.

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but does anyone know how to make the in-dash unit shuffle through songs in ALL the folders on a usb stick instead of just the current folder? I currently have music organized into artists/albums and when I hit the 'random' button, it just shuffles though the songs in the current folder.

Even when its not on random, and it reaches the end of a folder, it does not jump to the next folder. It starts from song 1 in the current folder again. I HAVE to press the folder up/down button to skip folders, and it gets annoying after a while.

I was hoping to find a setting I could change, instead of un-organizing all of my music and dumping it all in 1 folder.
Will putting all your music folders into one big MUSIC folder work?? So you don't have to change anything. Probably won't work just an idea. You'll probably have to unorganize it or make a playlist folder or something.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What about keeping them all in separate folders, and then creating one 'mix' folder and dumping duplicates into that? You would retain your organization if you want to listen to specific artists, or could select your 'mix' folder and hit random. This is what I plan to do at least...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts