2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Given the same price for these cars, which would you buy? I'm not sure if the exterior updates are worth the tech pkg trade off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
1,577 Posts
same price, no brainer, newer model. When you sell, one year newer...

I made the same mistaken when I bought a Mazdaspeed Miata in 2005. I bought a new 04. Should have bought the new 05.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sorry, to clarify, the 2012 has tech while 2013 does not... That's the tradeoff.

Getting a price of $21k for both. Any input on if this is glad good deal or not? Truecar says 21k for the 2013, not much data on the 2012

·
1,577 Posts
21k for 13 is going rate here

Get the 13. With 14s coming out, a 2012 is 2 years old.

Priced too high for 2012 at 21. Tech package doesn't equal one model year newer when you disect used values

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Price is good. A 12 with tech here is 23k and a 13 with tech is 27k.

Mine has the tech package. The blind spot monitoring is annoying, the adaptive front lights aren't too great in my opinion, navigation is so small. The push button start is the only thing on the tech package that I think is worth it. That's just my opinion.

·
1,577 Posts
I got my 12 with tech for 23 otd Right now there is a 13 without tech on the lot for 24k. The one here before had tech and it was listed for 27,200. Sarasota I'd a rich little town.

We are not talking about LISTED price, but what people are paying.

Sounds like you paid about 20-21k for your 12 WITH tech. 2013s are no diff. Around here I am seeing list prices of 28, and MSF guys picking htem up for 21.5, jus tlike you did

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
I picked mine up for 23k. Mine was listed at 27. Definitely are a little more here. Partly because there is only one Mazda dealer from here to ft. Myers.

I shouldn't have said otd. I paid just shy of 25 after everything. The car was 23.

·
The tennerican!
683 Posts
I had the same choice I went with the 13.I really dont care about the tech package.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the replies guys, turns out the dealership with the 2013 is giving me a lower value for my trade in , looks like it's the 2012 w/ tech it is!

2013 non-tech was $21k and dealership was giving me $15k on the trade. Plus I'm not a big fan of the black wheels and mirrors.

I'll update you guys on if the deal goes through tomorrow.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys, turns out the dealership with the 2013 is giving me a lower value for my trade in , looks like it's the 2012 w/ tech it is!

2013 non-tech was $21k and dealership was giving me $15k on the trade. Plus I'm not a big fan of the black wheels and mirrors.

I'll update you guys on if the deal goes through tomorrow.

Either one is a good choice. What color is the 12. Good luck with purchase.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2012 is silver. 2013 was white. I like the white but silver is a close 2nd.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts