2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Just Having Fun
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, correct me if there is already a post on this but I'm just checking to make sure that a 2013 MS3 exhaust will fit a 2010 2.5 hatch without any problems. I know that the 2010-2012 match up well but I just wanted to be sure that it would still work since the models are 3 years apart. Thanks a lot :cheesy:

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Only the axle back portion of a MS3 catback will match up to your car without modification.

·
Just Having Fun
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only the axle back portion of a MS3 catback will match up to your car without modification.
Awesome. Thats the only part I'm looking to buy. Not going to go full cat-back. Thanks a lot

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
@warlord I have just one more question for you. If I did get the entire exhaust system what would have to be done to make it fit my 2.5. Is it a lot of work or just a few changes. Thanks!!
You would have to have an extension made to connect to the flex pipe coming from the exhaust manifold.

·
Just Having Fun
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You would have to have an extension made to connect to the flex pipe coming from the exhaust manifold.
I'm kinda noobish on the whole exhaust thing. Is that something that a shop could do pretty easy or should I just stick with the abe?

·
Your friendly SpeedPunk
582 Posts
I'm kinda noobish on the whole exhaust thing. Is that something that a shop could do pretty easy or should I just stick with the abe?
I made an extension so I didnt have to cut anything. I had to make a custom flange to bolt up to the flex pipe. Bit of a pain in the ass...if u dont mind hacking the pipe, a shop can weld it on. I would recommend doing just abe for now. If u want more after u install it, then look into the midpipe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Just Having Fun
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I made an extension so I didnt have to cut anything. I had to make a custom flange to bolt up to the flex pipe. Bit of a pain in the ass...if u dont mind hacking the pipe, a shop can weld it on. I would recommend doing just abe for now. If u want more after u install it, then look into the midpipe.

That's a good point. I can always add to it later. Thanks

·
Your friendly SpeedPunk
582 Posts

·
Your friendly SpeedPunk
582 Posts
Reactions: Mr Holland 101

·
Your friendly SpeedPunk
582 Posts
@punkk77 That sounds fantastic. Thank you so much. Do you think a shop would easily be able to fab up that racepipe? and did you do the resonator delete or no? I'm thinking about doing that as well
No problem dude! I didnt delete the resonator. The problem with the racepipe is finding a flange to mate to the upstream end of the midpipe...its big. I had to make my own from steel stock. Couldnt find the right size flange in stores or the couple muffler shops I went to. Call around and see if anyone has the one u would need, prolly a custom exhaust shop if anyone. Let me know how it goes!

·
Just Having Fun
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No problem dude! I didnt delete the resonator. The problem with the racepipe is finding a flange to mate to the upstream end of the midpipe...its big. I had to make my own from steel stock. Couldnt find the right size flange in stores or the couple muffler shops I went to. Call around and see if anyone has the one u would need, prolly a custom exhaust shop if anyone. Let me know how it goes!

thanks for the info man. Would you mind if I printed out your write-up that you linked in the thread and took it to a shop so they can see what I'm aiming for. I would of course give you full credit where ever it was due.

·
Your friendly SpeedPunk
582 Posts
thanks for the info man. Would you mind if I printed out your write-up that you linked in the thread and took it to a shop so they can see what I'm aiming for. I would of course give you full credit where ever it was due.
Haha, thats what its there for man! The key thing to remember is the angle of the flange. If the back flange is horizontal, the front flange is angled 20 degrees or so, dont remember exactly. Im linking the original writeup from another forum which documents the whole process and may have some different pics.

Let me know what they quote you to make it, im curious since mine prolly cost about 20 bucks after pipe and gaskets.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?t=487338&highlight=

Reactions: Mr Holland 101

·
Just Having Fun
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks a lot man. I'm probably going to give mazda a call and check the price of the flange, haha because I dont have any 1/4 inch steel laying around my house (or a welding torch). But I will check with a shop and get back to you. Mine is def going to cost more but hopefully not too much, Thanks again man. I seriously couldn't have done this without your help. THIS IS WHY I JOINED THIS FORUM haha :thumbup 1:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts