2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're new owners of a 2013 Mazda3 with flickering headlights whenever you step on the brakes.

When doing some serious web searching I found this:
NHTSA reference# 10053740 and a TSB number SB-01-019-13

Does anyone have anymore details? We have a call into the dealer, but want to be prepared with more information.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Do you have a full size version of the TSB that I can print out or a link to it so I can print it out and read it?

Thanks
I don't, that's just a screen grab from another forum. I figured once we have the TSB number someone could find the original.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't, that's just a screen grab from another forum. I figured once we have the TSB number someone could find the original.
I have a subscription to alldatadiy.com but I checked there for TSB's but haven't seen the one for flickering headlights so I wrote them and asked about it so maybe tomorrow I will have an answer from them. If I can get it I will post it up

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi could you provide a link for the TSB you put up. I cannot see or read the whole thing
I would like to bring this to my dealership as proof

Or post all of it up so we can read it
Thanks
It's a screen grab from another Mazda site. I'll try and find it again.

·
Registered
102 Posts
2012 Mazda Mazda3 Exterior Lighting Service Bulletin 356375

NHTSA: Action Number: 10053740 Service Bulletin Number: 356375

Report Date:
Jul 17, 2013
Component:
Exterior Lighting

Summary: Mazda: when vehicle decelerates (applying brakes), the headlights flickers and causes inadequate alternator output (controlled by pcm) when battery experience heavy load. Model 2012-2013 mazda3. *pe

·
Registered
102 Posts
TSB Number: SB-01-019-13 NHTSA Number: 10053740 TSB Date: July 17, 2013 Date Added to File: November 19, 2013
Failing Component:
(Pws)
Summary:
Mazda: when vehicle decelerates (applying brakes), the headlights flickers and causes inadequate alternator output (controlled by pcm) when Battery experience heavy load. Model 2012-2013 mazda3.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Do you have a link to the page you got the TSB from??
What website is it from
Thats what I need so I can read and print the whole page
Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just punched up the tsb on a search engine and found that. I'm at work now so I don't have the original link I got the pic from.

Reactions: suparobg

·
Registered
102 Posts
Maybe later when you get back home and have some time?
Please?
Yeah, I'll go through my history and hopefully find the link. It was a Canadian Mazda website IIRC.
On another note I notice my headlights dim when I am stopped and I turn the steering wheel. I suspect the electronic power steering pump is to blame for that.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry folks, can't find the link to that screen grab. Anyone try contacting their dealer for info?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yeah, I just had this done the other day. Alldata doesn't have the tsb yet but the mazda dealer can look it up. It is covered if you are still inside the 3/36 warranty

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah, I just had this done the other day. Alldata doesn't have the tsb yet but the mazda dealer can look it up. It is covered if you are still inside the 3/36 warranty
I am going to the dealer tomorrow for an oil change and to get them to fix the problem of the flickering headlights also. My car is only 11 months into the warranty so I'm all good there

1 - 20 of 55 Posts