2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, anyone install a OEM remote start 0000-8F-L40? Im looking for some help on the wires that go to the BCM on the drivers side. In particular the hood switch wire. The directions say it goes to orange on the 24-pin connector (0940-01A) slot 1J. I do not have a orange wire in this slot. Does the 13s even have a hood switch? Anyone have a wire diagram for the BCM on a 2013? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Hello all, anyone install a OEM remote start 0000-8F-L40? Im looking for some help on the wires that go to the BCM on the drivers side. In particular the hood switch wire. The directions say it goes to orange on the 24-pin connector (0940-01A) slot 1J. I do not have a orange wire in this slot. Does the 13s even have a hood switch? Anyone have a wire diagram for the BCM on a 2013? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

It should be a orange wire on the grey plug. Not blue plug

also, how are you counting the pins?

|ACEGIKMOQSUW|
|BDFH[J]LNPRTVX|

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry my phone did not sent the pictures. But from the left bottom it says its 8th pin to the right or 5th from right. Also there are 4 connectors and only the top 2 on the BCM are gray & the top 1 is the only 1 thats got 24 pins the 1 below it is only 12. I will try to fig out how to post pictures on here so it will be much easier to understand. Thank you for the quick response also.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These are the pictures i was trying to show. The 4 plugs- top 2 gray/ top 24 pin, 2nd down is 12pin then the too blue plugs. The 1 in my hand is the top 24pin that does not have a wire in 1J. And the other picture is the paper from the instructions but it looks like to me its pointing at the 2nd plug from the top witch is the 12 pin connector.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts