2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2013 Mazda 3 hatchback in excellent condition with low miles. When I bought it there was about a 3 inch gap on the dashboard above the clock. I found out from a Mazda mechanic that there is still an active service warranty extension to replace the dashboard to fix this issue. I took my car to my closest Mazda dealer and they replaced the dashboard the same day. When picking up the car, I notice there was now about a 1/8 of an inch gap between the clock and the dashboard. I can easily run my fingernail through the gap. I told the dealer to redo it. I took my Mazda 3 back to the same dealer another day to have this redone. When I picked up the car, there was still a 1/8 inch gap at the top, between the plastic of the clock and the rubber of the dashboard. They said they took the dashboard off, put it back on and had the service manager and other technicians look at it. They said that this is just normal for there to still be a very small gap and there is nothing they can do about it.

Is this normal? Should there be a very small gap above the clock after the dashboard was replaced?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts