2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has already been discussed but I'm new and couldn't find anyone else with this problem.

I recently purchased a 2013 Mazda 3 with a 6 speed trans everything on it seemed great! Drove nice and smooth, when I was driving it home I started to smell some kind of oil.. not motor.. I couldn't really tell exactly.. well come to find out I'm leaking oil out of the axle seals, so I go to get the parts, napa didn't have a part number, advance auto and auto zone had nothing.. so I went to the dealer who couldn't help me find the part.. has anyone else had a problem with the output axle seals leaking and not being able to find the seals to fix it?? I mean its just a seal how hard is that to find

·
Registered
18 Posts
If its on the axle, it should be the inside seal. Its not that hard to replace. Look for timken or national 1990. Thats the part you need

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dont forget to fill the transmission back and to get there, you need to remove the axle which shouldn't be that hard if you are not living in heavy salt/rust area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts