2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't found anything like it but I was looking for a mat that would have locking(?) spots for cargo cases in the hatchback. Maybe in a 3x3 grid where like 3 cases can be placed in any of them so they don't shift. I have some ideas if they don't make anything like just curious.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
Weathertech?

Sent from a Samsung that doesn't explode.
I know weathertech makes a matt for the 3 but I am not sure it has anything for a grid to help hold things like the OP needs, id anyone finds an answer do let us know, I would be interested in this myself

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Not exactly the size and configuration you want, but have this Subaru version for my WRX and it works superbly for grocery bags, detailing supplies, and by moving it where I want (it does not move), and then "pin" something between it and the side, front or rear of the cargo area, I can greatly increase its size/functionality. And it is easily collapsible when you want.Here's the Mazda version:

Mazda Collapsible Cargo Carrier: P/N # 0000-08D-Z01 @ list of $69.95, but available at several discounting Mazda dealers at $56 and here on eBay.

Genuine OEM Mazda3 5Dr Collapsible Cargo Carrier | eBay

·
Potential Owner
47 Posts
Another option unless you are dead set on hard cases is to take a tape measure and do some measurements of your cargo area then head on over to walmart and go to their fairly good selection of duffel type bags and find a combination of bags that will work for you application. In my Jeep I used a large bungee type cargo net to keep things secure in the back.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
see I have to have a hard case full of computer crap and it also houses my tools I keep in the car, my 08 had the under floor storage bin that worked great for storing the tools I carry (small flat plastic tool box with sockets and a wrenches and a few driver bits in it and a soft collapsible bag with screwdrivers and random other tools needed when you break down on the side of the road at 2am anyways the 11 has the bose system so a trya under the floor may not fit and I did not see an under floor cargo bin option in any of this generation I looked at (must have been dropped off the options) anyways that always came in handy for me in the 08 as I just lifted the back most section of the hatch floor, and bam tools. then I could take the tray out if I needed the spare tire. well I now have a job that I go to different sites and need to carry various computer cables and peripherals for such as a mouse and keyboard cat6 cable vga and displayport cables and various other types of small pc stuff in case I run into a problem at the site or if someone at the site is having an issue with something I have it already to replace it (company provides these items, I just carry them) so that requires a fairly large bin to store everything in, well its big and plastic so it moves around some as I drive. im thinking of using the industrial Velcro on it like I did with my sub in the 08 to hold it in place (each strip is rated to 15 pounds each) and its available at lowes. I just don't want Velcro stuck to the floor like the 08 had, as the Velcro would not stick to the carpet(would have torn the carpet up if it did anyways) and the glue on them wont stick to carpet so I had to use gorilla glue, well once that sucker is gorilla glued down it aint comin off and if it does all the colored carpeting comes with it, so I really don't wanna ruin the hatch floor in this one like I did in the 08 (one of several reasons this one did not get the 2000w stereo system I had, others where prohibitively complex and expensive parts needed to change the bose stereo out and the bose stereo sounds great, its not earth rattling loud but it gets the job done, so I don't wanna rip out a perfectly good sound system and spend more than its worth to me to take up now very needed storage space to put in a sub and mount amps and speakers and run wires and swap the radio (part for this is over$100 anyways so I said nah I will live with it as is for now, plus I never could get the dash kit to fit just right in the 08 and it always squeaked some, cheap crap) that and the bose has bass and mid and high just right in this car especially for rock and metal music like I like, rap not so much but I don't listen to rap. its loud enough to hear in my house when I pull in the garage with all the windows up I can clearly listen to a song playing in my car in the garage in my living room if I want. so loud enough, plus I got over the my stereo is bigger and louder than yours phase many people go through between 18 and 24-25ish I just don't care if your car has a louder stereo its probably all junk anyways.

back on topic, something in a rubber mat that would hold the tote I have to carry 5 days a week would be great, I also keep a small tote with my cleaning supplies in it, like my microfibers, invisible glass, (used to keep wheel cleaner but no more after it leaked out, I just grab that when I need it), interior wipes for the plastics and leather seats, and some detailer spray for the occasional bird dropping or other thing that needs to be taken off between washings. so my hatch is usually 75-85% full its not a ton of weight maybe 100 pounds of stuff if that but it would be nice to have something to keep it from sliding around as it does now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts