2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got rear ended. Would love to get a rear valance going on, and since I need a new bumper cover anyway, is there something else I could be looking at? Honestly I cant seem to find which models even had the valance, '09s and down?

Can anyone say for sure if any other rear bumper would fit? Maybe even just something with a more pronounced edge, that I could paint the valance myself with plastidip.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Wait time out. You want the bumper with the black plastic insert thing? That's on 2010 and 2011 3i sedans

Sent from that one app with the gay annoying signature

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
White, same as yours Crespo.
So a 2011 sedan definitely won't fit a 2012 hatch I take it.
I don't think so. Might you be interested in trading for a 2.5 rear bumper if you have a hatch?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Those are all dual exhaust arent they?
edit: Nvm, I see the s Touring was a 2.5L. Is the bumper any different though?

Also Crespo, newb move but I cant figure out how to comment on my album photo. Its a wrap, not paint.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Pretty sure all bumpers fit on all models as long as its hatch to hatch, sedan to sedan. Only difference is smooth and painted vs black plastic on the bottom. The only other designation is dual vs single exhaust but it doesn't affect the bumper fitting or not... just depends on if you wanna buy a dual exhaust to fill in that extra hole.

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
Those are all dual exhaust arent they?
edit: Nvm, I see the s Touring was a 2.5L. Is the bumper any different though?

Also Crespo, newb move but I cant figure out how to comment on my album photo. Its a wrap, not paint.
Gotcha, the wrap looks good! And yes, the 2.5L's do have dual exhaust. Only difference as far as I know is the bumper exhaust exit

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would I be accurate if I said all current gen hatch models with the dual exhaust had that well defined valance edge on the bumper? Like Yours Crespo?
Also, Crespo I saw in another thread you mentioned exhaust diagrams comparing a speed3 to a 3, any idea where I ccould get access to those? Appreciate it

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I can swap out a 2012 3i touring hatchback's single exhaust rear bumper cover for a dual exhaust rear bumper cover.. and it should bolt right on..?

Pretty sure all bumpers fit on all models as long as its hatch to hatch, sedan to sedan. Only difference is smooth and painted vs black plastic on the bottom. The only other designation is dual vs single exhaust but it doesn't affect the bumper fitting or not... just depends on if you wanna buy a dual exhaust to fill in that extra hole.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts