2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out that Corksport no longer sells their cold air box (CORKSPORT 2010+ Mazda 3 Skyactiv Air Box for CorkSport SRI). Anyone know where else they can be bought (new / used)?

If not available, has anyone used an alternate branded air box that is compatible with the Corksport SRI (CORKSPORT 2010-2013 Mazda 3 2.0 Liter Standard and SkyActiv Power Series Short Ram Intake)?

I see that K&N has their SRI with heat shield, however, I was looking for an enclosed air box.

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Guess I got one of the last ones. I don't know of anything else that is a box like it on the market, which is why I bought it to mate with a JBR SRI. After looking at what it is, a welding shop could make a similar box out of aluminum fairly easily if you gave them measurements.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess I got one of the last ones. I don't know of anything else that is a box like it on the market, which is why I bought it to mate with a JBR SRI. After looking at what it is, a welding shop could make a similar box out of aluminum fairly easily if you gave them measurements.
Thanks heebs28 for the suggestion. Which JBR SRI did you get? Noticed their website doesn't have they only have the non-skyactiv for the 2010-2013 3's. Are you happy with it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
jamesbaroneracing .com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=721 (put link together. I don't have enough posts yet to post links)

It's listed for the 2013+ skyactiv, but the sky '12s are the same. JBR goofed on how they labeled it.

I'm very happy with it. It's debatable how much extra power there really is (butt dyno says yes), but my max MAF went to 990 cfm at wot and redline over 880 cfm with the stock system at same conditions using the torque app.

·
Super Moderator
5,537 Posts
I'm very happy with it. It's debatable how much extra power there really is (butt dyno says yes), but my max MAF went to 990 cfm at wot and redline over 880 cfm with the stock system at same conditions using the torque app.
Extra power? Very little if at all and only before heat soak sets in.
As to the MAF numbers, I have tested the stock box vs the SRI vs SRI with CS box with a real gauge that draws off the ECU, not a phone app, and there was zero difference in MAF numbers. This is no real surprise though. A naturally aspirated engine with sufficient air supply can only draw so much air. You can't increase that without making mechanical changes like valve timing, cam lift, cam duration etc. The only real way to increase the MAF rate without such changes is lower intake air temperature. Colder air is denser so any given volume of air will weigh more when it is colder.
Your MAF does not measure air flow in cfm. It measures mass flow rate, as grams/second, pounds/hour or whatever. Big difference. The 2.0 liter motor tops out around 130 g/s, the 2.5 draws a bit more, closer to 145-150 g/s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts