1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum!

I bought a 2012 mazda3 touring with the skyactiv and A/T

been driving her for about 6 months now and its been a great car

the car has 160,000 kms on it mostly highway and im from Vancouver British Columbia

anyway i started noticing some symptoms with shifting and im getting worried

i have no maintenace history on the car cause i bought it used from a dealer.

when driving in "D" and light throttle its getting the delay and almost slipping feeling going from 2-3 and 4-5.

if i put it in manual mode and shift it in the 5000 rpm range it shifts alot better.

So im hoping someone here could help. i just put winter tires on the car and would like to spend more money on the car but if a new tranny is in my future i might just take it back to the dealer and get something different.

ill answer a few questions to help save people time.

- yes the level is good (i checked at that little dipstick that is bolted in)
- the coler was dark but didnt smell burnt
- ive search many forums looking for info and havent found any
- im mechanically inclined so dont sugar coat it.

any help will be greatly appreciated thank you:nerd:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome to the forum Shotgunner69, it seems we have the same car and year, but mine has less than 50k miles,with some quirks here or there, but is a fine car, regarding your AT problems, i read somewhere that the oil is special (oem only), and service is not needed, but we do now that statement is factory BS, some guys in other forums have changed transm oil with good results, in cars more young than yours, i wish i can do the service myself but here stealer is asking us$75 each quarter, plus filter, some said its a PITA job, but someone have to do it.
Tell us, opening other treads, how you deal with the 3 idiosyncrasies, like seats making noises, and other well known problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts