2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Need some help to find the location for the camshaft position sensor on 2012 Mazda 3 skyactive.
Earlier models had this right on top and it was easy to find. Haven't replaced one on the 2012 version and the only information I can find is for the older models. I plan to replace the crankshaft and camshaft sensors. Found the crankshaft sensor, but can't locate the camshaft sensor. Anyone have a picture or diagram with the location?
cheers -- Don Johnson

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have an issue with the car that is causing the engine light and traction control light to initiate. Car loses power and has to be restarted. If I disconnect the battery, the car can be driven for 100 miles without any problems. If I don't disconnect the battery, the engine light and traction control lights come on and the car loses power. I have found that placing in park and restarting car removes the problem, but only for a short time.
I looked this up on other cars and the issue appears to be related to camshaft sensor or crankshaft sensor. I plan to replace both sensors, but can't find the camshaft sensor on the 2012 Mazda 3 skyactive. Lots of videos on older Mazdas and the camshaft sensor is on top, but doesn't appear to be the same for the 2012 skyactive.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Firing up the parts cannon and firing away at the engine bay isn't likely to fix your problems. You probably need to visit a dealership or an auto repair shop with advanced diagnostics equipment. Changing parts at random very seldom works, but best of luck to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts