2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first post from a new member here from Oklahoma, nice to meet everyone.

Anywho, my mom has a 2012 Zoom Zoom 3 Skyactiv which has been a great little car. I think it’s only got just a hair over 100,000 miles on it and she’s had it roughly about 3 years and loving it. I don’t remember how she wound up with three keys when she bought it but only one of the keys has the fob that actually locks and unlocks the keyless entry stuff with the buttons.

I’ve tried programming with other means found online but either I’m not doing it right, or the three dealerships that I talked to today are actually correct and are not blowing smoke up my backside when they say that a Mazda tech and a Mazda computer are needed to program the other two fobs.

Apparently she can drive the car with the other two keys, it’s just that the fobs on those other two keys don’t work the car’s keyless entry. I took all three fobs apart and checked the batteries and, they’re all three good; 2.8 volts, so I’m assuming that it’s not that. But only the key that has the working fob is the only one that lights up the little red LED between the lock/unlock buttons with they are depressed. The two that don’t work the car, don’t light up at all.

So, what’s the verdict? Is there a way to program these fobs ourselves or does a Mazda dealership need to be involved?

Also, I think I was able to put the car into programming mode from some other online information but I couldn’t get the car to respond to the other two keys. All I did was sit in the car, close the driver door, open the driver door, use the key that works, cycle the ignition on and off three times ending in the off position, opened the driver door three times and on the last opening of the door, the door locks cycled locked, then unlocked on their own but that was as far as I could get. Any helps appreciated.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update.... I took the other two keys to the local parts store where they have one of them little fob-tester doohickeys on the counter and well, neither one of them lit it up so, I dunno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 2 of 2 Posts