2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Follow up

Total zombie thread here... But I found this and I'm having similar problems. Just wanted to see how the weird shifting has panned out for everybody. Mine does lurching and racing when trying to change gears. Of course it doesn't do it at the dealership. I got all new fancy Michelins and that didn't help at all. I am mad at this car, mad at mazda, mad at the jerks at the dealership. :argh 1:

·
Common Sense
182 Posts
I purchased my car new from the dealership with only 5 miles on the ODO. It is a 2013 skyactiv 5 door automatic, I-Touring. The only thing I don't like is that the battery on the AKE needs to be replaced every 18 to 24 months (owners manual says yearly) and the rear view is not as good as previous cars I've owned (this is my first hatchback).

I'm also concerned about losing one of the AKE as they are very pricey to replace.

Otherwise there is nothing to complain about. It has met my expectations and would buy another without a second thought (but without the AKE).

·
Registered
779 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
okay that's exactly it. although this morning i was at a stop light and put the clutch in then went to first but it didn't want to go in so i put it back in neutral reengaged the clutch and it went in with no issue. has anyone else experienced it?
Yes. What I'm experiencing is that the clutch isn't fully disengaged, so you hit the gear. I can sit at a stop light and take my foot off the brake with the clutch pedal down and when I put it in gear the car moves. I also run into the gear in second gear causing a clunk at low speeds not a big deal, but at high RPMs it can grind.

Anyone know what is wrong?

I'm averaging 38mpg, other than the trans issue, I love my car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2013 2.0 SkyActive GT, autmoatic here (is that sGT?). Bought the car used with 26k miles. Nearing 30k and have enjoyed every minute. Shifts are a little clunky at times, which I read has to do with the torque converter setup. Overall its very peppy despite only having 155 hp. Getting around 30mpg when I floor it everywhere, and have gotten as high as 40+ when babying it or steady cruise control on highways. No major maintenance problems except possibly some bad rotors. (They look stock, which would be 3+ years old at this point. Who knows what the previous owner did)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys,
I'm new on the forum and I have a question.
I want to buy a Mazda 3 BL 2012-2013, I saw what options needs to have for me but an important option is the Bose audio system.
Does it worth? Should I look for a car with it?
It's a big difference between stock and Bose?

201 - 206 of 206 Posts