2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there!

So I have a 2012 mazda 3. I have been having issues with the rear of the car. My car has 124,000 miles on it. It rattles severely when I go over the smallest bumps or uneven roads and it throws the car around like I am driving a semi truck. I have had it in the shop several times since December. The rattling sounds awful like the who rear end is loose and the tires gonna fall off (its not the shop looks at it all the time) and the car gets thrown around. I am embarrassed to have anyone it this car. The following has been done to the car.

Front alignment and rear alignment.
Front shocks and rear struts.
Sway links front and back.
Breaks and rotors all the way around.
Rear calibers
They also replaced some mount when they replaced my back struts. I forget what they are called off hand but I do recall the tech telling me they were aluminum.

Tires were new in November and they are wearing terribly. Already a vibration from worn tires and uneven wear. I did hit a small baby dear back in November. (It is now end of May 2018) This all started in January 2018. I hit the deer going 30-ish MPH since I saw the deer and slammed by breaks. No apparent damage was done to my car other then it bend in the hood by the front emblem. My dad easily popped it back out and you couldn't even tell anything happened so I did not make a claim with insurance nor did I take it in anywhere. However, I'm starting to think this is related to the issue possibly. Possible frame issues? I have no idea.

Last time I took it in they replaced these mounts that I can't recall the name and it was a little better for about 2 weeks. Then it was back to the same old and it is getting worse. I tried reading other forums and everyone suggests things that have already been done on my car. So I'm not sure. I am going to be taking it back to the shop since clearly I can't work on my own cars. lol

But they can't seem to find the issue or at least have not yet and I'm not sure what else they can fix or replace as far as the rear suspension goes. So far through my looking I saw someone mention something about the control arms in another forum. This does sound logical but again I'm not sure. Also, the rear passengers side seems worse but I'm not sure if that is just how I'm hearing/feeling it but its definitely the whole rear.

Since I'm not looking to fix my own car as I can't (I'm a female loud and proud, proud enough to let men be men and put their skills to work) I am going to be taking in again to the shop. But I'm looking for ideas to possibly throw at them since they have not been able to pin point it yet. Thank you in advance for any ideas and help. If you have any more questions let me know. I tried to provide everything I can possibly think of. But still, any questions let me know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I see no one ever answered your post. I had the same problem with my Mazda 3S GT and I took it into the dealership and asked them to tighten everything because it was making a lot of rattling noises and they did. That was 2 years ago and it is still fine. They didn't charge me anything because I had it in for a service.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts