2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I have a 2012 Mazda 3 and after 6 years of use the battery has finally died.

Bought a new yellow top battery as it handles our winters better.

Same height and length but the distance between the outer edge of the battery and the terminals seem to be slightly further away. Wouldn't normally be a problem but the mazda 3 has a stupid setup for the positive terminal where it has an angled plastic attachment with a fuse on the positive lead.

I need to move the lead further over by 2 and a half cms but can't do so because of the plastic fuse attachment.

Has anyone come across this before please and how do you overcome it?

Thanks.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,251 Posts
Hi.

I have a 2012 Mazda 3 and after 6 years of use the battery has finally died.

Bought a new yellow top battery as it handles our winters better.

Same height and length but the distance between the outer edge of the battery and the terminals seem to be slightly further away. Wouldn't normally be a problem but the mazda 3 has a stupid setup for the positive terminal where it has an angled plastic attachment with a fuse on the positive lead.

I need to move the lead further over by 2 and a half cms but can't do so because of the plastic fuse attachment.

Has anyone come across this before please and how do you overcome it?

Thanks.
The non-oem batteries usually had no issues with fitment, but they listed the specific batteries for Mazda 3.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Sorry I'm not familiar with the 2012 battery setup. The last two batteries we bought were from Batteries Plus. The nice part is they'll swap out the battery for you, taking your old one to be recycled. If there is any corrosion on your battery terminal they soak it in a baking soda + water mixture. I was impressed by that level of service.

We got the Duracell Ultra Platinum AGM battery for two cars and I think they're great, albeit pricey. Gel is the way to go for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts