2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the display functions when using the PAC AOEM-MAZ2. I've tried the Metra 70-7903 and 71-7903 harnesses but the display does not show any info, it just lights up and shows "welcome"(looks like data cables are not included in the harneses) and you need to cut/splice the harness but would rather not cut the OEM harness. I really do not need RCA's because I am using the JBL MS-8 and it converts to RCA's. Can any one help before I bring my car to the shop to cut/splice the factory harness?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Under further investigation, the steering wheel controls also do not work using the Metra harness. Will they work with the PAC? Anyone?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Depending if the radio you're putting in has bluetooth built in, you can use the PAC SWI-RC to assign the steering wheel buttons.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It work perfectly with mazdas without bose any year.

Just need to rewire remote "amp on" wire, because mazdas without bose dosn't have any at all. To do so just cut one blue wire on PAC AOEM-MAZ2 and connect it to the red one (see pictures). It will turn yours amp when ignition is turned on. .

Make sure that you put it in completely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts