2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i drive a 2012 hatch, although the storage space is great the hatch only closes successfully maybe 70% of the time. it does this randomly, either taking 1 try or 4 with no in between. When it decides to act up it doesn't seem to matter if i close it gently, really aggressively or somewhere in between. Has anyone else had a similar problem closing their hatch and if so is there any way to fix it outside of a dealer? Im at a loss as to what is causing it and don't want to start spraying WD-40 or something similar onto the lock if I have no idea whether it will work or not.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Are you new to the car? If you are make sure you wait a few seconds after pressing the hatch open button before you try to close it. There's a delay in the mechanism before it will close properly, you should be able to faintly here it do something after the hatch is opened and that's how you know its ready to be closed again.

If you're not new to the car and this has just started happening I'm guessing there's something wrong with the electronic latch.

Reactions: Krishmar4
1 - 2 of 2 Posts