2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
If I am not mistaken and often I am, the WG is internal to the turbo housing. Change to the external WG would occur during a BT build.

Reactions: warlord

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
If I am not mistaken and often I am, the WG is internal to the turbo housing. Change to the external WG would occur during a BT build.
This is true.

What you might be calling and wanting to replace is a Blow Off Valve it can be called a number of things sometimes referred to as a bypass valve. This is the valve that vents air back into the intake system when you let off the throttle. There are a number of company's out there that sell direct replacement ones that will bolt right onto your car. At CorkSport we run the Forge valves and have had a lot of good luck with them. They are listed here. some people run them open and others run them so they Recirculate back into the intake system like stock. We have found that there can sometimes be small running issues using a Vent To Atmosphere.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions about it let me know.

Chris.
[email protected]

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is true.

What you might be calling and wanting to replace is a Blow Off Valve it can be called a number of things sometimes referred to as a bypass valve. This is the valve that vents air back into the intake system when you let off the throttle. There are a number of company's out there that sell direct replacement ones that will bolt right onto your car. At CorkSport we run the Forge valves and have had a lot of good luck with them. They are listed here. some people run them open and others run them so they Recirculate back into the intake system like stock. We have found that there can sometimes be small running issues using a Vent To Atmosphere.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions about it let me know.

Chris.
[email protected]
thanks chris no i ment upgrading the wastegate i have a dual port plumback turbosmart bov 50/50. i want to know if i upgrade the WG will it help, or give sound or anything??

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
All a wastegate does is to divert the exhaust gases to the turbo if you calling for boost or divert it out the downpipe if your not. Your not going to get any ricer sound out of replacing the stock one. That's what your looking for, right? A BOV in vta mode is as ricey as it gets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.