2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with a 10-11 speed3 had any issues with condesation buiding up inside the headlights?

·
Dustin L.
524 Posts
Mine has 16k miles and no condensation. If the dealer won't do anything for you I believe its a good time to pull hem apart and paint the inside so u can re-seal them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mines only got 7k on it... ist still under warrenty... I was just curious if that was a common thing... Its only the passenger side... The new headligh is on order, so that should be replaced soon

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I do. The pass side light had condensation in it about a month ago. Mazda is being really lame about replacing it. I took my car right to the dealer when i noticed it. The service manager took pics of the condensation and sent them to the regional rep who was supposed to authorize the replacement. I was told it would take about a day to get authorization and they would call me. After repeated calls over the course of a week with messages left on voicemail. I was never called back. Terrible customer service when you ignore your customers calls. Finally went to the dealer to find out why non of my calls were returned and whats the status of my replacement. The manager didn't have an answer to anything. Dumb ass fat fuck. All he said was that as of this moment there is no condensation in the light and if he brought it into the service bay it wouldn't get replaced. He did assure me that since the complaint is on record that if there is ever water in the light again that I should bring it in and they will replace it on the spot. They have headlights in stock. Bullshit they should just replace the light. They have pics of the condensation and I have water marks on the inside of the headlight from when the water dried up. I hope to God I don't have to try to get engine warranty work done ever.

Reactions: RonSpeed3

·
Free Tibet! Today Only!!
914 Posts
I bought an off-brand OEM right-passenger headlamp for my 3S, condensation real fast. I cleared it out then sealed the seams with glue. Problem solved for me. Your headlamp might have just opened up a bit somewhere from the use the car has had.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Problem is that I moved out of a house and into an apartment. Doing anything to my car has become a total pita. If I was still iin the house with a garage I would have pulled the headlight, painted them some cool color inside and resealed them. I wouldn't have even bother going to the dealer. Apartments FTL when you like to work on your own car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My dealership has been awesome so far... They looked at the light, ordered it and told me theyd call me when it arrived to schedule an appointment... They service guy told me there is actually a bullitin out about the condesation problem

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Was the condensation dirty inside your headlight? Mine was clean so the dealership is assuming that I forced water in the condensation drain tube when I washed the car. To be honest I haven't had any more condensataion problems and I driven the car through some pretty heavy rain storms the last few weeks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no its clean water... but it builds up sometimes even if i havent washed the car in a while... i just wanna get it replaced before it stains the lens...... wouldnt the condensation drain tube be under the hood or behind the bumper somewhere? i mean how would u force water in there while washing unless u were actually trying to?

·
Registered
110 Posts
just a heads up... put stock bulbs in all the spots, before going back to the dealership... I had a fog light with minor condensation, they said they would replace it under warranty, but when they opened it up i had aftermarket bulbs and they wouldn't do it... but they did clean it and the bulbs seal, and I haven't had the issue since... so meh... And I am out of warranty now, so its all good.

and so far on the headlights, 2k miles on baked still no condensation :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha.. well i havent dont anything to it yet... so they shouldnt give me any shit.. i wanna do some stuff to it in there near future, but probably nothing that will really mess with the warrenties... so in that aspect im probably very limited

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
LOL. I check my headlight everyday hoping their's condensation so I can make the dealer replace it. Nothing!

·
Registered
246 Posts
i have a 2010 mazda 3s hatch and i do have condensation in one of my headlights too... looks like its back to the dealership it goes lol

·
Dustin L.
524 Posts
Well this past Friday after hand washing my car I noticed condensation in my pas headlight and this morning when getting off work I noticed my HID is now out in that light..... :/

·
Dustin L.
524 Posts
Well, small update. HID bulb and ballast to be replaced, and waiting to hear on the housing itself. Hopefully they do the housing. I feel its pissing in the wind to change everything but what actually caused the problem.

·
Dustin L.
524 Posts
Final update on my headlight. They replaced the housing, bulb, and ballast. All without me having the rip into anybody. I expressed concern about the condensation being a factor in the light failure and they replaced everything. If u guys are ever around Houston, Mazda of ClearLake is ur spot for dealer repairs. Guys were awesome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
they agreed to replace mine under warrenty... but they ordered the wrong one... so said they would take care of my 7500 mile services on them when i drop it off next week! so i guess the delay is ok with me haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts