2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Picked up a set of silver 2011 MX-5 wheel - 17x7 +55. Tried searching a have seen some examples where they are on a 2104 Mazda3 GT but don't know if they used spacers. Only interested in getting them back to stock size so looking at 5mm spacers.

Questions:

1. For anyone that has this size installed did you need spacers? Just worried that it is 5mm less that there may be fitment issues.

2. If spacers are needed where did you get them installed? Local Tire Discounters told me they won't install them.

Thank you

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put the Miata 17" wheels on my 2014 and they fit fine... the 5 mm spacer will get them to the same offset as the stock 16" wheels.
I did not use spacers, but from what I have read 5mm spacers should be fine with the stock wheel studs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent! Thank you for letting me know. I did check the current wheels on my car and see that there is more caliper clearance for the rears.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I had a set on for a while and still have the set. I opted for a larger set.
I put 205's on which was probably a mistake as well.

if they wont install the spacers for you, you will just have to do it yourself afterwards.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've been running 5mm spacers all around on my car with the stock 16" steelies, no issues with clearance or lug stud length, still get a good 6+ turns.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Matt22, were the 205s too small?
I just felt the set was dinky. I would go with spacers and 215's if i were to attempt again.
also i was lowered so i scraped on alot of things no matter how hard i tried.

How much did you pay for your rims?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Matt22, read your build thread :) Do you think your vehicle being lowered contributed at all to the issues you wrote about?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Matt22, read your build thread :) Do you think your vehicle being lowered contributed at all to the issues you wrote about?
Yes I do. Well that and the roads I travel. They are pretty light and my Butt dyno felt a difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts