2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my front driver-side shock and strut is leaking, and my mechanic said I should change both front shock and struts soon so that it gives the same ride height and same ride quality.
I am debating if I should just get a set of coilovers for my car.

Anyone know what set of coilovers is good for my 2011 Mazda 3s GT sedan?
please give me suggestions and pricing.

Also on another note: does anyone know if Monroe front shocks and struts are any good?
I am comparing the price of only changing the front shocks and struts OR just change both front and back with coilovers.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I had BC and was pretty happy with them. I was actually going to put them on my Speed 3 until I changed my mind about coilovers (I still actually prefer them, I just had different motivations)

And if you`re just going to do shocks and struts, want great ones and don`t want to sell your firstborn`s soul, you can put Bilstein B8 on the rear and Koni yellows on the front. The B8`s are a solid, firm ride and the Koni`s up front are adjustable. It`s the combo I`m running now.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had BC and was pretty happy with them. I was actually going to put them on my Speed 3 until I changed my mind about coilovers (I still actually prefer them, I just had different motivations)

And if you`re just going to do shocks and struts, want great ones and don`t want to sell your firstborn`s soul, you can put Bilstein B8 on the rear and Koni yellows on the front. The B8`s are a solid, firm ride and the Koni`s up front are adjustable. It`s the combo I`m running now.
yeah a few people are recommending me to get koni yellows. my rear oem struts are still fine so I dont plan to replace them too if I am only going for struts and shocks.
I guess koni's will be a high contender.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also do you know the price range for koni shocks and struts for the front, both the left + right together.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I used the Monroe ones recently. Ride went back to normal on my daily driver 11 3S. They were exactly what I was looking for when my front passenger side was leaking. Didn't break the bank. Brought back the stock feel

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The full set of Koni Yellow is right about $600 from Tire Rack.

The fronts are $175 each if I remember correctly.
ah nice thanks, I will keep this in mind when comparing prices of other brands.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used the Monroe ones recently. Ride went back to normal on my daily driver 11 3S. They were exactly what I was looking for when my front passenger side was leaking. Didn't break the bank. Brought back the stock feel
ah that's good to know. and yes I was looking at the Monroe ones because its affordable and seems like it comes with everything already and it looks like its an easy install vs the custom ones where I have to get the spring separately.
I will keep this in mind debating getting just Monroe's for the stock feel or get Koni's for the extra performance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts