2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2011 mazda 3 and have been looking at rims. I really need some help

I am really interested and was looking at these.

MAZDA WHEELS SKU 1015 18 INCH CHROME RIMS (MAZ-1015-18-CHR)

What is the reason they won't fit on a 2011 Model? They seem to fit on just about everything else. Others 3rd party sites that i viewed rim of the same size as fitting the car. From my understanding any 18x7.5 with 45 offset will work.

Do you recommend 18 inch rims on a mazda 3 or does everyone usually stick with max 17's?

Thanks for all the help, I've been reading the heck out of this forums for the last couple weeks

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
They'll fit with no fender modifications. Put 225/40/18's on them. You'll sacrifice some ride comfort but will gain handling. They are chrome so they will be heavy so you'll lose a little performance. Sure you want to go that route? Lot's of people go with 18's. Nothing wrong with that.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
18's are really popular. The speeds come with 18 inch rims and a ton of people put the speed rims on the regular 3's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys.

I thought they would fit but why would they list it as only fitting the mazda 3 up to 2009 model? I read alot about caster issues and thought maybe it was something to do with that

It lists them at 24 lbs. My current setup is 16 inch alloys. Which from what i read weight 21lbs. Would the difference in these affect perfermance or be noticable? That is something i never thought about

link i bought from. 18 Inch Mazda Wheels Rims Chrome (set of 4) : Amazon.com : Automotive

Your car looks great

·
Registered
5,636 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
thanks guys.

I thought they would fit but why would they list it as only fitting the mazda 3 up to 2009 model? I read alot about caster issues and thought maybe it was something to do with that

It lists them at 24 lbs. My current setup is 16 inch alloys. Which from what i read weight 21lbs. Would the difference in these affect perfermance or be noticable? That is something i never thought about

link i bought from. 18 Inch Mazda Wheels Rims Chrome (set of 4) : Amazon.com : Automotive

Your car looks great
Because they sell universal. They dont update there stuff.

But like said, you will lose performance and MPG because of the weight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Got them done. Here is what it looks like. I'm not the biggest fan of chrome but i think they look good. Honestly I notice zero difference in performance. I went with 225/40-18 NANKANG MILESTAR MS932 SPORT 40R and the ride feels almost identical to my factory 16's. They were cheap off ebay @316 for a set of 4. Free shipping

1 - 9 of 9 Posts