2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
2010 MS3
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 2010 specific TMIC from ETS a couple days ago, and the fit is fantastic!!! All I can say is great job ETS! I can definitely feel the new power, the boost builds up quicker and holds harder, and no heat soak feeling at all... (I just need to get my internals upgraded because I have noticed some fuel cuts... and that's nothing against ETS).

[email protected] was great to work with and I will recommend their products and customer service to everyone.

I'll post up some pics as soon as I can get around to it.

(Mods, if you could move this to the mod/performance sub-cat, that would be great... it wouldn't let me start a new thread there for some reason).

·
StreetUnit "The Flash"
169 Posts
Got my 2010 specific TMIC from ETS a couple days ago, and the fit is fantastic!!! All I can say is great job ETS! I can definitely feel the new power, the boost builds up quicker and holds harder, and no heat soak feeling at all... (I just need to get my internals upgraded because I have noticed some fuel cuts... and that's nothing against ETS).

[email protected] was great to work with and I will recommend their products and customer service to everyone.

I'll post up some pics as soon as I can get around to it.

(Mods, if you could move this to the mod/performance sub-cat, that would be great... it wouldn't let me start a new thread there for some reason).
Fuel cuts?? and how was the install? I heard it was easy but the shroud doesn't fit, any gaps or problems??

Great choice btw, a quality aftermarket TMIC is one of the best for the engine/most for the money mods you can do!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Tuf1,

Great to here, would like to see the pics, ordered mine last week, with anodizing should be here week of the 27th. Would like to see install pics, i.e. overall fit bolt up, tubes, etc. Zarkaaus' issue/comment concerning the shroud fit up does concern me as I believe they were going thru a fitting process last week on a GENPU, comments on this please.

Agree with the customer service, Michael has been great to work with (first contact PM on speeders), thought I wanted just power-coat shroud, changed to anodized with no issues.

Thanks

Z

·
2010 MS3
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, they used my car as the test-dummy for the 2010 SPECIFIC TMIC. The shroud is 2010 SPECIFIC, it's mad specifically for the 2010 MS3, and the fitment couldn't be more precise!

As far as the install procedures, I didn't install it, when I picked my car back up from ETS, it was already installed. However, it looks like it shouldn't take more than an hour, and you don't need to buy anything else in order to install it, it bolts right up to the factory mounts and hoses.

Fuel cuts: My engine is seeing a lot more air than it can keep up with (on the fuel side), and the stock fuel pump cannot hold enough fuel pressure in order to keep up with these large amounts of air entering the engine at higher RPM's, and the fuel pressure fails (it feels like you tapped on the brakes for a split second, and then it picks back up again). In order to combat this, you need a HPFP (high pressure fuel pump) fuel pump, or upgraded internals for your stock fuel pump, which will maintain the constant high fuel pressure you need at the higher RPM's.

For more info, visit this site: PT-Performance.com, this is what I'm planning on getting.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I thought it was your car that got the install, not concerned with procedures, cover off, three bolts off, loosen inlet/outlet hose and pull, reverse to install (15 at most). Would like to see some pics though.

I was hoping not to have to get the fuel pump but the cash is around so I guess I will get on the list.

Thanks

Z

·
2010 MS3
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping not to have to get the fuel pump but the cash is around so I guess I will get on the list.

Thanks

Z
After driving it a little rough last night, I came to the conclusion that it might not be fuel cut, the ecu might have just still been adjusting to the massive amount of air that the engine was pulling in. Last night I didn't experience any fuel cut at all (when I first experienced it, it was right after I had picked my car up from ETS). I also noticed, when I picked my car up from ETS, that they hadn't reset the ecu at all, so I disconnected the battery for a couple mins, and then drove like a grandma for the rest of the day, with a few spurts of speed, and since then I haven't noticed anything wrong.

I'm still gonna get upgraded internals though, because it's only a matter of time before the stock pump won't be able to hold pressure... Especially when it gets colder and there's even more air moving through the engine... Better be safe than sorry.

·
2010 MS3
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Some pics of the ETS TMIC...

*I added the sticker myself

Reactions: JONtheBOMB

·
StreetUnit "The Flash"
169 Posts
I agree with your deduction about the ECU being reset. I suspected as much and that's why I asked if you knew that it had been done or not. As far as needing a new fuel pump, won't it decrease your gas mileage?

TMIC looks good, though I wouldn't mind seeing it in the other finishes :cheesy:

·
2010 MS3
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As far as needing a new fuel pump, won't it decrease your gas mileage?
Not necessarily, considering your fuel pressure will be the same as it is now when you're just cruising around... It will just keep the high pressure when you need it though.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Congrats on the excellent upgrade. Keep us posted on whether or not it was fule cut that you experienced...might help some of us to decide on whether or not to get the HPFP before or after upgrading the TMIC.

Contemplating the black anodized TMIC now.

·
2010 MS3
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats on the excellent upgrade. Keep us posted on whether or not it was fule cut that you experienced...might help some of us to decide on whether or not to get the HPFP before or after upgrading the TMIC.

Contemplating the black anodized TMIC now.
Will do... And like I said, I only experienced it the day I got my car back from ETS... Since I reset the ecu on Friday afternoon, I haven't had a problem.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Since I reset the ecu on Friday afternoon, I haven't had a problem.
Will disconnect the battery during the install and also find a fuel pump for future performance mods

Thanks for the pics

Z

·
Registered
238 Posts
installed mine yesterday, its awesome:)

Attachments

Reactions: myt_tuf1

·
2010 MS3
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ets 3.5" tmic

Just FYI, called ETS to order there TMIC for my 2010 speed3 and they let me know that they have the new 3.5" TMIC's ready and that I would be one of the first to order. They told me that there are no clearance issues with the added .25" and that everything should fit perfectly. Will let y'all know as soon as I get it and how the install goes.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Did they say if they were in stock or not? I ordered mine on the 13th, and am still waiting.
Last week Michael told me they were waiting on cores...

1 - 20 of 66 Posts